Who complained about SCM solicitors?

Joa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I intent to put in a complaint about SCM to the Consumer Complaints Service (formerly the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors).

They have not notified me about their client's decision to settle. The money has been transfered to my account, then the account maliciously closed and the balance (credit) used towards personal loan. I consider it a very unprofessional behaviour which wasted mine and the court’s time.

I know that I am not the only one who has been treated in such way by SCM. Who has complained about them and how?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

surely they cant just take your money and put it towards the loan without your permission?

The following was done on behalf of my mother:

First letter send 20th April 2006. Reply recieved 22nd April 2006.

Second letter sent 24th April 2006. Reply recieved 26th April 2006.

Accepted at small claims court.

Defendant filed an acknowledgment of service on 25th July 2006.

Allocation Questionaire recieved 16th August 2006.

Court date set for 22nd February 2007.

12th FEBRUARY 2007 SETTLED IN FULL! :D

4th April 2007 - Court orders Lloyds to pay costs. :D:D

23rd April - Bank pays costs :grin::grin::grin:

This claim took a total of 298 days to reach settlement. Further charges were taken, an email was sent to Lloyds, at the conclusion of this 1st claim and settled in full in only 16 days.

surely they cant just take your money and put it towards the loan without your permission?

i also have a loan with lloyds and a court date for the 17 april they may possibly try to do the same to me but i feel that they are breaking the contract of the loan because they agreed the time limits for the loan and it is our choice if we wish to pay it off sooner daughter who is studying accountancy thinks the bank is guilty of theft though she is only at the beginning of her course

I have asked LLoyds about it and I do not like their answer, which was that they are entitled to do so. I issued a separate complaint about it as it is not contained in a loan agreement. My post however is about complaint against SC&M. i have read few posts here which talk about delays, underhand tactics ( for example "defence to vague" etc) of SC&M. I am thinking that if some of us complain to the solicitors professional body, SC&M may at least get their knuckles rapped. What do you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had dealings with SCM, back in Oct06 they were extremely unhelpfull on the phone and i had been advised that one of my letters had been sat in my file for 2 weeks, with out being forwarded to Lloyds, however i have just finished another claim and second time around ( not in my name) the office staff on the phone seemed to be extremely helpfull i also noticed it was new office staff;). ( maybe they are seeing the error in thier rude ways)

I do think sometimes even though SCM is in house, they are having poor communications with LLoyds department that decide these matters

It may well be right that SCM had no ideal Lloyds was going to pull the stunt so did not know to advise you.

The claims are growing fast and obviously SCM are over run, LLoyds bank are the bottom of the pit in my eyes and thier solicitors are not much better, if you can get a complaint going then why not its worth a try.

:)

Someone tried complaining to the Law society once, only to be told that they don't investigate complaints from third parties, only clients of the solicitor involved.

If you've found a regulatory body which has the ability/will/clout to act on the complaint then yes, I reckon its a good idea. If you need any input let me know.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I have called Legal Complaints Service's helpline on 0845 608 6565. I have been told that beause they are not my solicitors I will not be able to ask for any compensation or redress. The LCS adviser said that I may possibly have grounds for complaint though. She will be sending me a complaint form.

wow- I am speechless.

In practice and without being too naive it seems to me that there is no real stick which we can waive at SC&M. It makes me quite angry. I think however that if quite a few of us started to write to the Law Society's complaints dept (can be found at LCS: Legal Complaints Service home) then someone may notice.

Imagine this; in a cosy, plush depths of a "members only" gentlemen club, a distinguished looking guest wags his finger, jovially, at one of his companions;

-now, what do I hear, your boys are getting into a mischief, Mr Martin?*

-Well, boys will be boys, Lord Chancellor.

-Perfectly so, Mr Martin but the plebs are getting restless, pull the reigns in a little bit, will you.

-I’ll do so, m’lord.

-That’s a good chap. Now, what wine shall we go for….

* Law Society President.

But seriously- if you were treated in a shoddy, unprofessional way, would you complain?

Exactly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

I would agree SCM seem to treat everone in a shoddy unprofessional manner, never repling to emails, fax or letter for weeks on end.

What is worse when you do get them verbal to agree to do something they don't!

I think it time that not just SCM but other solicitors dept of the banks are brought into inline and made to behave in a professional manner BUT then this is unlikely to happen given the banks still have not got the message some 12 months latter

Hello and Welcome, Bargee.

Not sure if you noticed, but this thread is nearly 3 years old.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

OK, point taken ;):)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 year later...

i have just recieved a letter from scm. so i called them, i was on a plan for £10 a month for my overdraft (£1,800) they say i missed 2 payments . so went online to my account to see why it wasnt payed direct debit have done it this way for a year, found that lloyds credit card had tried to take £177 out of the same account not once but three times. because no money in that account except the ten pounds.the debit was returned. i got bank charges. the took that so no money in to pay my ten pound plan.now because i defaulted, scm now want £50 per month. or will take me to court.