BarclayCard accepted my Full & Final Settlement, but need urgent advice please!?

Semi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I Have sent the following letter twice now to Barclaycard.

As i am unable to make anymore payments.

Total to BC £3244.91

F&F Offer £1504.29 (Woot!)

Saving of £1740.62!

Account: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

With reference to my previous correspondence dated 23rd December 2006 I am currently now in a position to make a final payment on this account.

I can confirm that I am unable to offer to pay the money which I owe in full. However, I can raise £1504.29 and I want to offer this an ex−gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account.

I fully believe that it is in your best interest to accept this offer as my current financial situation is unlikely to change due to me being made redundant in the New Year. I will also be starting a full-time education course in the new term. I have attached with this letter a copy of my current income and expenditure with details of my current pro-rata repayments to my other creditors. As you will be aware in previous correspondence to you, I would only be able to afford a repayment of £10 per month in respect of this debt for the foreseeable future. I therefore reiterate the above offer and hope that you will accept this as a full and final settlement.

This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability. I also request that, if accepted, you will make an entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "Satisfied" in full.

Payment can be made within two weeks of receiving your written agreement of this offer and will be made by a third party into the relevant account.

This offer is a limited offer and if I do not hear from you within the next 14 days, I will withdraw the offer and use these funds towards paying my other creditors.

I look forward to your considered reply.

Yours Faithfully.

The letter was rejected the 1st time.

Today i receive personal reply from Colin Murray (Not from Radio1 lol)

it goes as follows:

"Therefore, whilst i am prepared to accept £1504.29 as Full and final Settlement of the outstanding balance on your barclaycard, i confirm we will corectly mark your credit file as "partially satisfied".

Tehe above is the most important part of the letter, the rest is just bank talk.

however! i guess "Partial Settlment on my File is a Default for 6 years? please can you clarify this for me?

Apart from the letter there is no form to complete as a guarantee this will be a full and "FINAL" settlement.

What shall i do next?

i have the guys email address if this helps.

Please shed some light on what i should do now.

Thanks in advance.

James.