I'm up on Tuesday!

Robbo9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks lucid. I've just read one of the success stories from LTSB and he got a letter from their solicitors a few days after their defence letter offering full settlement. I guess there is hope yoe but I guess it cant do any harm to write in about the intyerest

Unfortunately it seems as though they take even longer over this whole process nowadays. I'd be surprised if you had a settlement offer anytime soon. People are being given court dates a couple of months from now and poor GaryH has had a stay ordered until March 07.:o But this seems to be the standard procedure now so it's nothing to worry about - just think of your interest gradually increasing each day.:D

I'd definitely get a letter sent into the court as soon as you can because interest of £1000 is not to be missed.;)

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, regarding my comment on AQ fee earlier - as your claim is actually over £1500 you will have to pay a £100 when handing it in. Sorry, thought it was £299 also!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 months later...

I'm scheduled at court on Tuesday 6th Feb. I've used the letters recomended by GaryH and had no reply from SC&M. Garry was right they are a waste of time and very unprofessional. I made the error of telling then so (oops) so I guess they'll take me all the way now.:eek:

I'm bricking it to say the least but I will attend and see what happens. I'm sort of hoping that they wil still settle before I attend so fingers crossed.

Hi Robbo,

Don't panic. It will happen even if it's at the last minute. If they wanted to go all the way to court then they would have submitted their bundles by the deadline - that's my opinion anyway. I've seen a couple of cases whose court dates have been 6th (same as yours) and 7th (same as ours) who have had their claims settled. Keep checking your account balance online - I'm sure it will suddenly turn up. ;) Make sure you are still prepared to go along to the court though - even if it's to turn up and find that they haven't, which has happened before.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Robbo. Well done!

I've just PMd you with this exact post but thought you might want it in your thread.

I would get in touch with them by phone tomorrow - as you don't have much letter sending time left. Tell them that you will only accept it as partial payment as they haven't included the statutory interest. Make sure you know (from your schedule of charges) how much interest you earned until the date you filed the claim, and then make sure you know how many days have passed since then and what your daily rate of interest is. If they try to argue, point out that you are entitled to claim it under Section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum. If they try to convince you that as they are paying up before the hearing then you aren't entitled to it - don't budge, and make it clear that you will only accept it as partial settlement and are more than prepared to turn up in court on Tuesday. You will get it - you just might need to get tough. wink.gif

Good luck. Lucid smile.gif

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spoke to a very nice guy at SC&G today and give them the advice suggested by Lucid. I had to use the full works though and although he didnt say no I did have to say that I will attend court on Tuesday. We can only wait and see if anything happens now.