Should I Call Them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my LBA on 23 January, sent recorded delivery, but I have not received any acknowledgement letter as yet. I am claiming for £7789 in charges going back 6 years.

I am just wondering whether, if I dont hear anything from them within timescale, is it worth my phoning them up to chase progress and if so, what is the best number to call.

I sent my letter to Trinity Road and it was delivered on 24 Jan (have checked on the post office website).

Many thanks everyone

I didnt hear anything from my claim either. Just file mcol or N1 on the 6th Feb

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I sent my LBA on the 25th giving 7 days to acknowledge receipt.... called today just out of interest and was told they had 4 weeks to get back to me. I explained this was a debt they owed to me and I had given them 21 days in total. She was quite rude and said do what you want we have a back log and I cant even look your letter up..... shame as Im going to court on Friday for the whole £5700 plus £250 fees x

Did you send off the letters from the template on this site? If you did, then you have given them to your timescale. It's YOUR claim, not theirs, they can't dictate what timescale you should stick to. Why would you want to phone them? You have already given them the opportunity to settle at least twice if you sent prelim and LBA letter. And phone calls can't be documented, so they could say anything to you and then renege on it - buying themselves more time.

Thanks for that ladybird. Yes, have sent letters from this site, my LBA has not even been acknowledged. Their time is up on 6 Feb!!! Just thought a phone call might save me the hassle of court action, but will take this route if they do not respond.

Thanks again

heres a number i phoned on monday, shes called helen, a customer services manager, could not believe how nice she was, very down to earth, she settled my claim in full on the phone after a bit of haggling.(£3400)

01244693668, her direct number to here office,if your not bothered about the interest, like me, she may well offer you the full amount, she authorised to!!!! good luck

Well no surprise really - called the number Moonie provided, and whilst they queried how I had got this number (!!!!) they say that they have not received ANY of my previous 3 letters, one of which was sent by recorded delivery. I have been given a fax number and am going to fax my correspondence through now. Lets wait and see what happens next......

sorry to hear you wernt successful today, i give the same number to someone on here today and she was successful, but it can be settled on the phone if dont want to claim in the courts , fax them your stuff and try again, but they will pay up!

If you sent them recorded, have you checked on Royal Mail's site to see if they were signed for? - I can't imagine that many recorded delivery going astray - after all, that's why you record them, so you can track if they have been received.

if you have proof they were delivered, then your claim is on track, either phone again or go ahead with the mcol, maybe they didnt have your records there when you phoned, but ive given that number to two people on here today and they have both got a result today. stick with it!

Exactly, Karen. Really, if they see if that every time they fail to keep to the deadline, you just accept their delaying tactics,or phone & check if they have received things, they will suspect you are are not really serious, or not confident enough to carry on, so I really would urge you to just stick with the timetable and the procedures on here - it obviously works!

Just a note on the Recorded Delivery thing....if you think about how many they're receiving, they're not going to be able to sign for each and every piece of mail that they get. What happens is they'll sign something saying they have received a SACK of mail...but...

...this is excellent news for us as it shows up as Lost on the Royal Mail database...which means we can all get compo for our 'lost post' too!! I just got a book of stamps! Ha ha! They'll come in handy for all the other SARs I send out!

On the day my recorded delivery letter was signed for, to the Bank, there were another 21 items to be signed for - a per Royal Mail website - and as far as I'm concerned - it got there - they signed for it. What they do with it, or say, after that, is up to them, but I've got my proof!

Just rang the number and spoke to a nasty woman called Lisa who said that they have 8 weeks to reply to any correspondance sent and that she could take a telephone number and would get back to me in the allotted time with a possible response?

So I politely informed her that my court claim would have been filed and a judgement most likely reached by then! Silly mare!

I called Halifax Customer Services yesterday and they stated they had 4 weeks to reply to me. They stated something about this being the guideline time limit set by the FSA. I just reiterated the deadline in my letter and the consequences of not reaching that deadline. They really weren't very interested though...

Ha ha ha!! Imagine being one of the poor saps working for these people right now?! It must be tortuous working in a call centre at the best of times without all us lot giving them grief too!

I almost feel sorry for them, I mean they're just trying to do a (poorly paid) job...the stress must be high and the job really isn't worth it. I wonder what staff turnover is like at the mo at these places?