Please can someone help me

muckley72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a tad confused - I'm just sorting out the letter asking for my money back and I'm not sure what you put in the interest bit:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

How does this show up on my statement - is it overdraft interest? I'm not sure that any unauthorised O/D interest is specifically broken down on my statement, it looks like a I pay a fee for my overdraft - is it that?

Thanks

Muckley72, you can only claim the interest when you file your claim with the court. If you are still at the letter writing stage, take out all reference to the interest. The interest is only mentioned in your LBA letter, and then only your intention to claim it not the amount. Besides, you only claim 8% dated from the date of each specific charge. There is an excel programme in the Templates section for you to work this out.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

You can also claim the overdraft interest but only the interest that is from a result of being overdrawn due to the bank charges. Its quite hard to work out unless you're exactly sure what is the normal overdraft interest and what is due to the charges. I think most people leave it out and then just claim the 8% interest when it reaches the court stage. Read through the FAQ, it should explain it in there.

SARS sent 16/08/06

Data Protection Act receieved 19/09/06

Prelim letter sent 20/09/06

'Sorry to hear about your complaint letter' received 26/09/06

LBA sent 6/10/06

Offer of £900 received 17/10/06

Accepting as partial offer letter sent 18/10/06

MCOL filed 23/10/06

Thanks guys - thats crystal clear now!

Thought it might be too difficult to work the overdraft interest out so I have left it off - want to do this right.

Sent my letter today asking for dosh. Watch this space!