JM-vs-Natwest

JoMorrobel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, haven't been in touch for a while as had a million things going on!

Not sure where i left off - had a part settlement offer letter from Cobbetts on 15th December offering me a "goodwill payment" of £1,800 - i am claiming over £4,000.

I wrote to them on 19th Dec saying i was respectfully declining and that i would be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of full settlement - i have not heard from them since!

I received a Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (preliminary hearing) from Dartford County Court dated 12th January giving me a preliminary hearing date for 5 April 2007. It states that the judge requires a preliminary hearing because:-

special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person.

Has anyone else come across this? Does it mean that i am going to have to wait until April? Am i expected to have to go to court or will Cobbetts pay up at the last minute?

I can't believe it, i thought i was going to get a nice little gift for Xmas. Have i been too greedy asking for the full amount £4,139.86 (instead of their offer of £1,800)?

Can anyone help me on this one, I feel like i could have lost this now!

Jo :-(

p.s. only had 1 reply to date and really would appreciate if anyone could take the time to help me out on this

• 2 weeks later...

that someone has lost?

Yes in May 2005, on a technicality,but not since

Not sure where i'm supposed to post my questions is under my thread each time? (i.e. here?).

Yes then people can see your progress in 1 thread. Each time you or someone else posts, your thread goes to the top of the pile.

You keep all the updates to your thread including any questions as that way we can look at your STORY SO FAR and advise you, good luck in regard sto this question

special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person.

the preliminary hearing that the judge has asked for will be explained when you get there, this is not unusual and you will be advised by the judge as to what the special directions are, could be a few things but dont worry about it,, you will be fine.

I can't believe it, i thought i was going to get a nice little gift for Xmas. Have i been too greedy asking for the full amount £4,139.86 (instead of their offer of £1,800)?

You have in no way been too greedy, you are entitled to all of this money and therefore should fight for the full settlement.

When you have any further questions post them on this same thread, as Michael has pointed out your thread will then move to the top of the pile. If you feel your questions are not being answered, then post again to move your thread to the top again.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D