Just Got A Free Month's Line Rental From T-mobile.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the last time I am ever taking out a mobile phone contract. I have been in dispute with T-mobile since day:1. The guy in the shop told me that 0870 and 0845 numbers were included in my free minutes, they weren't, the customer services staff at t-mobile also confirmed this.

All went running smoothly until October when a bill for £61 landed on the doormat as opposed to the usual £35. I called them and was told this was for calling 0870 numbers (HALIFAX CUSTOMER RELATIONS - OVER DISPUTED BANK CHARGES), I explained that these were in my free minutes and I wasn't paying for them they wouldn't budge and was told I could not proove they advised me incorrectly. So me being me I cancelled the Direct Debit. A month went by and I had some jumped up little teenage jobsworth on the phone from their finance department saying they were going to suspend my line, if I didn't pay, so I advised them that I had complained about the charges and he just hung up on me.

Eventually they cut me off, so I phoned them up and was on hold for an 35 mins, I demanded to speak with a manager and that took another 20 mins before they cut me off. I then drove through to their head office and demanded to speak with a manager face to face. Immediately I I was refunded all 0870 and 0845 numbers since my contact began. I then paid the non disputed ammount and was re-connected.

This month I have been to Switzerland and have had my phone switched off since the boat pulled out of Dover harbour. When the phone bill came there was two charges for voicemail both billed at £3.10 for a duration of six secconds each. I know it's only £3.10 but it was the principle of the matter which really got me. I called them and they explained this was because someone had called my voicemail and eventhough I had not accepted the call in Switzerland I still got the bill as it had connected to the Swiss network.

So, I wrote to them again refusing to pay the £3.10 and advised the direct debit was cancelled so they could not claim this in with my bill and would not be liable for the £3 manual payment charge. I also told them that they were in breach of the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act because they had billed me for a service without my knowledge or consent.

Today they have just been on the phone, I have got my line rental free for the next 2 months because I complained about the long call waiting times and the charges. How nice of them.

I'm still cancelling.