Urgent advice please - DCA at my door Monday!

Perseus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I got exactly the same letter on Friday saying the same person Mr C. Green will call on Monday! (I am proposing an IVA but RMA are totally ignoring this despite phone calls / letters etc).

I wonder if this 'Mr C. Green' gets about by helicoptor as he seems to have a lot of people to visit!

I spoke to my Insolvency Practitioner about this and they said it is just another bully boy tactic and they are extremely unlikely to turn up. If they do the advice already posted is sopt on - send them away with copy letters and if they won't go immediately phone the police.

I'm going to phone RMA and MBNA again today (for about the 10th time) and advise them I will be sending harrassment letters to them and trading standards.

Don't let them get to you!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise if the trouble reads this I'll get my nads cut off :eek:

Now we wouldn't want that M, would we???!!!:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

keep us posted noggin - and we will ALL be interested in your call to MBNA!

Morning Bird,

I think M55 thinks we are a pair of harlots!:eek:

Yes, Noggin, please keep us posted, very important!!! Good luck mate!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Moi - une harlot? :o

(Good practicing to be one though isn't it?;) )

I love being a harlot, and am totally shameless. Husband not too impressed though! LOL! :D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Update for all you harlots our there :)

Phoned RMA and told them to stick it where the sun don't shine (after faxing copies of letters I'd already sent them and MBNA). They point blank denied I had ever contacted them and still asked for payment.

Don't think they like dealing with people who know their rights and told them any further contact will be forwarded to TS and hung up. Hope that's the last I'll hear from them.

Now to MBNA - tried the same tactic and although they were actually quite reasonable over the phone they just tried to talk me out of an IVA and get me to make a payment there and then. After repeatedly telling them no and realising I wasn't getting through I told them not to phone me anymore and my IP would be in touch to complain about harrassment. Then hung up.

And then got chasing phone calls every hour up to about 8PM tonight! Sounded like an Indian call centre and they denied all knowledge that I had ever spoken or written to anyone at MBNA and how would I like to settle my arrears!

So they will be getting a call from my IP too very shortly.

Anyway that's all for now - if anyone gets MBNA chasing them then they have my sympathies as they don't seem to know their ass from their elbow!

Update for all you harlots our there :)

Phoned RMA and told them to stick it where the sun don't shine (after faxing copies of letters I'd already sent them and MBNA). They point blank denied I had ever contacted them and still asked for payment.

Don't think they like dealing with people who know their rights and told them any further contact will be forwarded to TS and hung up. Hope that's the last I'll hear from them.

Now to MBNA - tried the same tactic and although they were actually quite reasonable over the phone they just tried to talk me out of an IVA and get me to make a payment there and then. After repeatedly telling them no and realising I wasn't getting through I told them not to phone me anymore and my IP would be in touch to complain about harrassment. Then hung up.

And then got chasing phone calls every hour up to about 8PM tonight! Sounded like an Indian call centre and they denied all knowledge that I had ever spoken or written to anyone at MBNA and how would I like to settle my arrears!

So they will be getting a call from my IP too very shortly.

Anyway that's all for now - if anyone gets MBNA chasing them then they have my sympathies as they don't seem to know their ass from their elbow!

Nice one Noggin! Why don't you shoot off a telephone harassment letter to MBNA so they stop calling you! It's outrageous! (I love that word, I reckon if anybody put that in the search facility on CAG, it would be all my posts coming up, it is because I am so OUTRAGED!):eek:

Do you need to go down the IVA route, is it possible returned charges and a CCA couldn't help you out here? Wouldn't you be better getting CCCS to arrange a repayment plan? I only wonder because IVA's cost money to run and aren't necessarily the right route for a lot of people.

Am not trying to teach Grandmother to suck eggs here, just a thought as there are cheaper and easier alternatives! I am sure you are sensible and have thought of all options!

I rather like being called a Harlot, M55 called me a witch on another thread (but I think it was meant in a nice "coven" type way, wasn't it M???;)).

Good luck Noggin, keep us posted, by the way, do you have a thread? If not, why not start one and get the Mods to put your posts there so we can follow your story.

Ramble, ramble, ramble..............:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks Cornucopia.

Will be sending a harrassment letter to MBNA tomorrow.

Definitely doing an IVA though - have debts in six figures and repaying them even with frozen interest would take 20 years! Looked into this for ages but appreciate the advice.

Might start a thread if anything else interesting happens but I'm also on the iva.co.uk forum and my fingers will wear out if I doing anymore typing!

Thanks Cornucopia.

Will be sending a harrassment letter to MBNA tomorrow.

Definitely doing an IVA though - have debts in six figures and repaying them even with frozen interest would take 20 years! Looked into this for ages but appreciate the advice.

Might start a thread if anything else interesting happens but I'm also on the iva.co.uk forum and my fingers will wear out if I doing anymore typing!

Good stuff! Go for it and get the buggers off your back! It is shocking (I have worn out "outrageous" now!).:rolleyes:

That's fine then with IVA, I imagined you hadn't gone through it lightly. Good luck with that.

I think it is really worth you starting a thread, it is always interesting to hear how others get on with their stories and, bless us, we are all hijacking Perseus thread here! Also nice to hear how you get on with your IVA etc. Why not PM one of the mods and ask for advice. I have found Jonni2bad to be very helpful (I hope he won't mind me offering him up for sacrifice here!). They can start you a new thread in the right place and stick all your relevant posts in there for you. If you do this, please let us know your thread name so we can all join in! I love a party!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Did I hear my name being mentioned? Did someone say MBNA? I hope you're giving those %$^!"()*& &&*"__! a slap from me!

Assume nads still intact M????:D

MBNA? WHO????:rolleyes:

Are you having a little breather from the CCA thread?!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I'm just having a little breather. I've been counting how often I post things, and it would seem I post a little too much. Little bit deflated on the whole s85 thing, hayho, maybe I shouldn't have jumped in with both feet.

I'm in one of those reflective moods at the moment...

I'm just having a little breather. I've been counting how often I post things, and it would seem I post a little too much. Little bit deflated on the whole s85 thing, hayho, maybe I shouldn't have jumped in with both feet.

I'm in one of those reflective moods at the moment...

No you don't, well at least you haven't caught up with me yet I don't think!

Why are you deflated on S85??? As an outsider looking in (ie : watching the CCA thread etc), I still think that S85 is a massive can of worms, look at the response Battleaxe got to her default. It is a case of what to say next and if a huge organisation like MBNA are having to make pathetic excuses....well words fail me!

What we need is for it to be tested in Court. Even with the updated

legislation next month, S85 rules are staying the same. I think BA will be the first to see this through as she is so feisty! I have no issues with following the S85 route (as you know this has formed part of my complaint to MBNA) and I still cannot see how mailers with T&C's attached can be construed as a copy of one's true executed agreement. Taking into account my limited knowledge and putting together an opinion on the basis of the many hundreds of posts I have read about this, I believe that the banks are in a situation far worse than people claiming back charges.......we'll see and I think we will win over.....

You need a massage........Ladybird??!!

I just wanted to add (post-massage) that I think things are abou t to go POP, there is a lot of bad press for the banks, they are setting aside record amounts for "bad" (mal-administrated would be a better word) debts, they know this is coming!;)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

And don't they have the money to put aside eh?

2 Major Bankers (i use that word loosely!) gross 11 billion quid in a year!

NOW THATS OUTRAGEOUS!

going to call Colin Pugh tomorrow about the settling of this account, and find out what's been done about the credit history.

Equifax have 5 late payments reg'd for MBNA, all whilst the insurance company were paying.

I think someone needs a short sharp shock - and as the settlement hasn't been finalised, it's still acruing interest daily! hehehe

And - I still want my £10 back for my DPA request.

And I stubbed my toe

And my washing machine flooded Thursday and ruined the laminate in kitchen and hall

And I got a replacement yesterday

And that leaked even more with a loose heater elemnt housing thingymejig

And I'm REALLY ****ed off..............

But still smiling :-)

I'll post tomorrow when I speak to Barney Mcgrew

x

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Guest Battleaxe

Noggin, don't play their game, justmake out you don't understand or use some accent they can't understand then hang up. Do not enter into conversation with them, get a whistle and blow it down the phone once you know it is India calling.

Silent call guard is well worht hte money and if you write to Mr W Wareing Seniour Legal Assistant and send him a copy of the telephone harassment letter, send it recorded or special delivery and a copy to TS.

I hae been there done this and I MBNA know they are not to call me and they don't.

Get silent call guard on the phone immediately, the other service is choose to refuse.

I am not a harlot, but am solo practitioner of the ancient religion.

Kent, now where in the world is that, oh yes way south of here and we would have to make weekend of it, for the travel involved. I don't think my broomstick will be recharged after such a long journey.

Guest Battleaxe

Hang on will have to programme my satnav on the broom, but will have battery problem and it's rotten falling off the broomstick after a few sherberts, it's the bramble bushes that are my downfall.

You must be closer to me than first though ladybird,

I'm in Deal, the town that struggles to wake up in the morning...

Just tried phoning Barney Mcgrew - no answer...

Trying again in 10.

P

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Guest Battleaxe
Is that SatNav BA or BatNav?

Cruel, so cruel..I don't use bats, I have cats. I am a modern witch and use all the electronic gadgetry available to help me get lost.

Guest Battleaxe

Perseus,

I hope ou claiming new laminate and the installation of same on your insurance?

Can't wait to hear what Barney McGrew has to say for himself.

Cruel, so cruel..I don't use bats, I have cats. I am a modern witch and use all the electronic gadgetry available to help me get lost.

Whoa, CatNav....

Guages you can go through holes only slightly larger than your whiskers, stops to stalk small furry animals in your garden, climbs trees and fences and generally takes you to where you're going eventually, but growls at you and asks you why you're following them, stops in the middle of the pathway to lick their bum, goes through the catflap of number 22 down the street to eat all of their catfood and then gets spooked by a dog and streaks up the nearest tree and waits for the dog to go away.

Excellent!