Abbey taking the P.

madmedic112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I emailed abbey last week and got a reply telling me to call them to make sure i did send the email! i called and they said they will deal with my request within 7 to 14 days! However they said that under the "DPA" they only have to go back 5 years! i'll settle for that! WATCH THIS SPACE!

It might also be worth telling you all about the time they charged me £330 in charges in one day! i called them and explained that i have just split from my fiancee and that the situation had become acrimonious! they gave me £140 back as "a good will thingy", see they aint all bad!!! lol

• 1 month later...

I have requested my "fines" from abbey via email 41 days ago, i called them today to find out what the delay is, i was told that the abbey "do not give that sort of infomation on its own", however they can send a statement covering the last 5!!! years and will take a further 28 days! something is better than nothing! whach this space, the other problem is the indian call center not understanding english law, they get told what to say and stick to it by hook or crook!

Fingers crossed!

Report them to the IC at the very least.

They already have too much disregard for the laws of this country.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/cms/documentUploads/DPA%20Complaint%20Form%20.pdf

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

No problem.

I don't see why we should give them an inch - they certainly wouldn't if (and when) the shoe is/was on the other foot.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Guess what?! I called the shabbey today to chase up my request for statments going back 6 years as we are now only 3 days off of the 40 days allowed, I was told that it was only a "SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST" that must be answered within 40 days!!!!!!:mad::confused::shock:

I really really hate the shabbey!!!!!!

Oh well, good things come and all that!

Guess what?! I called the shabbey today to chase up my request for statments going back 6 years as we are now only 3 days off of the 40 days allowed, I was told that it was only a "SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST" that must be answered within 40 days!!!!!!:mad::confused::shock:

I really really hate the shabbey!!!!!!

Oh well, good things come and all that!

Did you send them a Subject Access Request using the template in the library or something similar and did you send the £10 statutory fee? If not please read the FAQs as you will need to start the process again. It is really important that you have an understanding of the process before you embark on making a claim.

• 2 weeks later...

Right iv been nice and i have tried not to get nasty! but sod it! i have waited 60 days and ..... nothing! Subject access request sent today! and I have also just seen the APR calculator! Fantastic! a £35 cost in June 2004 is now worth £40.29! Result! A Profit of £5.29!!!

Thanks again for your help and support one and all!

• 2 months later...

Right, time to update you all, iv not been on for a while (life being what it is!), Subject Acess Request sent for both my Shabby accounts, with my £20 fee, (£10 for each acc) 4 days later i got my, "sorry your not happy, we are dealing with your request" letter, Statements recived about 7 days after that!

After a rough look at them they owe about £1,750!!!!!!

:D

Am I right in saying that I can, LEGALLY,:o charge 8% from the date of the penalty charge???:confused: for each and every charge?:oops:

Thanks

Madmedic112.

P.S.

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all at the bank action group! for all your help and all the downloadable forms! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!:D

Ok now that you have the statements you need to go into the Templates Library found in my signature on the bottom and you need to do a spreadsheet calculation for all the charges you have. Yes you can claim back 8% on each transaction but ONLY when you reach the court stages which will probably happen but you cannot send in asking for 8% before court. If you need any other help then just let me know. You need to now send in the Preliminary Approach for Repayment letter followed by the LBA letter either 14days later or whenever they reply, whichever is sooner.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 4 weeks later...

Got back from my holiday today to find that they have paid £575 into my account as a GOGW! Now if they will cough up the rest i will be very happy indeed! A thank you and refusel letter going out tomorrow. Watch this space!

Hello all, tell me, I have 2 account with the shAbbey, one is a joint and one is a single account. The single account is fine and not a problem, the joint account is the one I am making the £1536 claim againts, I came back from holiday to find (As sited above) that £575 had been paid into my personal account as a GOGW, HOWEVER £2072 had been taken out of my personal account by the shAbbey!!! This is the total amount outstanding from the jonit account. (including a £1000 Autherised O/D) Is this unlawfull? PLEASE HELP!!!

dont think so sorry! they can take money out of any account that has your name on the top, ( unless it is a truestee of a childs accountas they assume that is not your money) it is naughty but not illegal. id still give them hell over doing it without your permission or any prior warning tho. have you got a parachute account set up? id move everythign away form grabbey and await the outcome of the corurt case, they will try and faff you abotu but dont take it. it is all a dance and they are leading at the moment but you are choosing the tune!

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hello all, long time no post! just to let you all know that today (30-12-06) a friend of mine has just recived a letter from Nat West to offer full settlement of £1450! good news for him!

As for me? well today i recived 2 letters, one from the abbey saying that I have not given them any details of the claim! (them have lost the paperwork!) and one from the court saying the are going to defend ALL of the claim! just my luck!!!

Should I send them the list of charges for the THIRD time? or just wait for my day in court?

I have had a letter from Abbey today saying they are going to fight me in cort! HA! cant wait, they have also asked for details of how I have come to my figure of £1575, even though i have already sent the details twice!! Shoul i send it again?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks