• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

itsamomentintime vs HFC

itsamomentintime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am not planning to take it to court

if the creditor wanted to take it to court, they would have to prove that they can legally enforce the debt. how can they if there is no signed agreement?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

i am not planning to take it to court

if the creditor wanted to take it to court, they would have to prove that they can legally enforce the debt. how can they if there is no signed agreement?

If you signed it, then you are legally bound by the terms and conditions of that agreement and you also had the benefits of using the account etc.

If the creditor took the case to court, they would simply have to prove that the defendant agreed to the terms and conditions and that the defendant is in breach of said agreement - they do not have to prove that they signed it to agree to abide by their side of the agreement. They just have to prove that you are in breach of your side of the agreement.

I don't think that the creditor not signing the agreement can cause the agreement to be invalid or unenforceable. But like I said, for the final word on the matter you should seek advice from a qualified solicitor.

• 4 weeks later...

scooby i appreciate your comments, they spurred me into finding the following from the Consumer Credit Act 1974:

Signing of agreement

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a

consumer credit agreement),

© the protection and remedies available to him under this Act, and

(d) any other matters which, in the opinion of the Secretary of State, it is

desirable for him to know about in connection with the agreement.

(a) require specified information to be included in the prescribed manner in

documents, and other specified material to be excluded;

(b) contain requirements to ensure that specified information is clearly

brought to the attention of the debtor or hirer, and that one part of a document is not given insufficient or excessive prominence compared with another.

Consumer Credit (Total Charge for Credit, Agreements and Advertisements)

(Amendment) Regulations 1999, SI 1999/3177.

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

the bits in red are ALL missing from the document i recieved

so....not a proper CCA agreement methinks

post office WON 12/11/06

• 4 weeks later...

recieved a threatening letter, so posted this off yesterday:

20th June 2007

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998

Account number:

Dear sir/madam,

I wrote to you via recorded delivery on 24th April 2007, expressing my disappointment that you have failed to fulfil my request for a true copy of the signed Consumer Credit Act agreement between myself and your organisation. Not only is this alleged debt now legally unenforceable, it is now clear that you had no legal right to collect the payments that I have made to you.

I also received a letter from yourselves on 20th June 2007 advising me of your intention to register a default against me on my credit file, along with further demands for repayment. Please note that I am removing from you, my consent for you to process my data with any third parties, meaning you should not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party especially if that third party is a Credit Reference Agency.

As the above account is IN DISPUTE, you should not be making demands for repayment or making threats with regards to my credit file.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

If you fail to respond or do not respond with an agreeable outcome, or if you do contact any Credit Reference Agencies without my specific permission, I will pursue a claim at the County Court, for damages and legal costs.

Please note that I have Made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman regarding your behaviour and non-compliance under the Data Protection Act.

I do not acknowledge any debt to Beneficial Finance or HFC bank PLC.

Regards

post office WON 12/11/06

the bits in red are ALL missing from the document i recieved

so....not a proper CCA agreement methinks

Well, I would have to agree that the agreement is indeed invalid if the rate of interest at the time of execution of the contract is not present.

As for the total charge for credit, I know that credit card companies (including HFC) have only relatively recently (within the last 2 years) started to use an example of a total charge for credit. I think they now use an example of £1,000 borrowed over 12 months and what the total charge for credit would be if minimum payments and no further borrowings were made.

Previously, this was not included on credit card agreements as they were open ended accounts. It's easy to work out for personal loans and other fixed term loan products, but revolving credit was a nightmare!

By the way, the letter you sent on 22nd June is superb! I truly hope they don't come up with a legitimate copy of the agreement - right now, some poor sod in HFC is desperately trying to find it....!! :grin:

hello scooby doo2

i would be amazed if they turn up a legit copy

after all, if they had one, they would have sent it already, rather than the application form

its ironic that this situation arose out of them trying to get more money out of me by adding unlawful fees

now they are going to get nothing

post office WON 12/11/06

subscribing!!!:)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

not heard anything for ages but i have a suspicion that its been passed to a dca - will update when i get home

post office WON 12/11/06

• 2 months later...

its been passed on all right - seems like to every dca going!! what fun!!

post office WON 12/11/06