Wilkinson vs Halifax Plc 1k

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, been advised to add my thread regarding the claim I've just started against the Halifax to this area of the forum, so I've just copy and pasted it over, please feel free to add any help or advise any of you may have.

Kind Regards,

Just come across this site after seeing the various tv and newspaper reports regarding these charges, so I thought I'd add what I'm up to and how my claim is going (or not as it's only just begun). I've just received almost all my statements from the Halifax today Tuesday 9th Jan, I called them a week ago. However I must say they have unfortunatly failed to send the last 18 months, however another quick call and I've been told they have now been resent so only another 10 days to wait.

So far there's 841 pounds worth of charges. I'll add an update as soon as I either send them a letter or I receive one from the Halifax. If anyone has any advise please don't hesitate to add to the thread. Take it easy people.

post_old.gif 9th January 2007, 18:10 #2 (permalink) mrsfoot vbmenu_register("postmenu_476788", true);

Basic Account Customer

icon1.gif Re: Claim to Halifax.

Hello and welcome to the Consumer Action Group!

There are a few things that you must do before sending letters off left right and centre. By following the steps correctly you save yourself and others a lot of work!

• Read the FAQs. Print them out and take 2 -3 days to understand what it is you are about to do…..you wouldn’t just jump into a lake for a swim unless you knew how to swim, would you??
  • Understand the process. Don’t try to start halfway through, it won’t work. Its time consuming but at least you won’t be making any mistakes in getting your money back!
  • Read through the relevant forum for your bank claim. Here you will find others journeys, celebrations and queries, most of which will help you in your claim.
  • Start a thread in your forum, and keep it in your favourites so you can find it easier. Call it your name v bank name for example. Here you can log your own journey, ask questions and most of all offer another thread for a newer person to read (see you are giving something back already)
  • It’s your claim; you have to do the work! Its not easy, can be very frustrating and at times you will feel like throwing the towel and letting them get away. But keep on going, seek advice from mods / site helpers/ or anyone else who is on the forum, great place for this is the chat room, try it out!

Good luck

Any advice given is purely based on personal experience and if in doubt you should seek further advice from a professional.

If you liked what I have written then please let me know by clicking on the scales!

FAQS You no it makes sense!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faq.php

Step by step instructions better safe than sorry!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html

Templates If it aint broke dont fix it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Read Matthew Taylor (Lib Dem) fight for ceasing Bank Charges

Matthew Taylor - A Fair Deal for Cornwall

Now read Hansards report from the debate!

http://www.publications.parliame nt...01164800 0004

mrsfoot

View Public Profile

Send a private message to mrsfoot

Find More Posts by mrsfoot

Add mrsfoot to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 13:12 #

3 (permalink) Sarge4477 vbmenu_register("postmenu_494208", true);

Basic Account Customer

Just got the rest of my statements and and am now about to send the letter with the list of charges. A quick question if anyone can help. I'm getting the amount of the charges of my bank statements where it's entered on the statement as Charges As Notified. A friend of mine who is further on with his claim has infomed me that his bank wrote back to him asking for a list of what each charge was for, they said it wasn't enough to say a charge incurred on such and such a day. Any advice anyone?

Sarge4477

[/url]

Yesterday, 13:38 #4 (

permalink) Josamolly vbmenu_register("postmenu_494265", true);

Gold Account Customer

Site Helper

If there is a description on your statements, then use that on the template. If it just says 'charges' then ask the bank what each one is for..

If they can't supply this info then you are quite entitled just to put whatever is on your statement.

Josamolly

Today, 13:14 #5 (permalink) Sarge4477 vbmenu_register("postmenu_496506", true);

Basic Account Customer

I had to put what was on my statement as I couldn't get very far with the bank finding out what each charge was for. So today my first prelim letter has been sent by recorded delivery to the Halifax, along with a copy of my charges.

Confirmation from Royal Mail that my claim for charges has been received. Your item with reference DH655612220GB was delivered from our SHEFFIELD Delivery Office on 20/01/07 .

Thank you for using this service.

Today I received a letter dated 25-01-07 from Mrs S Watson at the Halifax in Sheffield, it reads:

Thank you for your letter dated 18/01/07 in relation to charges in previous years on your above numbered account.

Your request for refund requires further consideration and we will be in contact with you in due course.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me in the meantime, please telephone me on 0114 2609760.

Yours sincerely. . . . . . . .

Now a question if anyone can help please,

1. Do I wait for the bank to get in touch with me, or am I right to assume they won't get in touch with me?

2. Do I ignore the letter so to say, and send in the Letter Before Action 14 days after sending the prelim letter, I sent the prelim letter on the 18th Jan, so I still send the Letter Before Action on the 1st Feb?

If anyone has any help or advice, please add.

Kind Regards

I'm about to send in my LBA, however I have opened my bank statements and another charge has been taken from my account this month end. Can any one advise me please can I add this charge onto my LBA, do I have to send a prelim letter again asking for the total amount or just this one charge? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Hi Sarge,

I asked the very same question on my thread and was told to add the extra charge/charges to your spreadsheet and amend your LBA letter with the new amount you are claiming. Thats what I will be doing when it is time to send my LBA as I have incurred another charge..on the day i sent out the prelim!:o lol

Go Sarge, get every penny back :D

AtMoSpHeRiC

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D