nabby68 vs abbey

nabby68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks tinkerbella, i was getting a bit desperate as you can see from my previous posts!

i will do as you have done and see what happens, let me know please if you get a reply from them

thanks x x x

nabby68, got your PM.

They go onto say that they have not recieved any details of how the ammount of the claim was calculated and also how the interest that i am claiming was arrived at.
That's just them being petty because, presumably, you used MCOL which doesn't allow attachments. Just send them another copy which matches the figures in your MCOL claim.

And, they also request an e-mail adress and telephone number to contact me on, Should i provide these?
Up to you - it really depends how confident you feel about negotiating with them by those methods. The cynic in me says that not giving them E-mail/phone will stop them leaving settlement until the day before your eventual Court date because they'll have to use the post !! But FWIW, I gave them those details.

so, once they have defended do the courts send an AQ out to you?

and what does the AQ entail?

The Courts will send you it, but you'll find the AQ on here Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home (forms N149/150 depending on the size of your claim) and guide to filling it in here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html and New Strategy here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

Suggest have a go at filling it in but wait for the Court to send you the official stamped up one for your claim.

Also, have you compiled a court bundle? All sounds very daunting to me!
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/52494-read-now-if-you.html

Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

i have recieved a defence from abbey and also an offer to settle for 50% of the claim (as if!). do i have to reply to abbey rejecting their offer? and i also have to send a fee of £100 to the courts with my AQ, can i claim this back and how do i go about doing that?

Hi nabby,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

I'm sure you can find one in here that you like the look of.

As I undestand it you claim the 100 quid back from Abbey in the same way you claim the MCOL payment back..........ie when they finally cough up!:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I had a read up about "without prejudice" and it is put on letters in which you try and negotiate an out of court settlement, so I suppose if their 50% letter has WP then yours should as well.

But others on here are much better qualified to give a definitive answer

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,

just a quick query. i submitted my AQ to the courts with draft directions offered in the post by BankFodder (New Strategy For AQ's) In the draft directions it states that " The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court..........." I sent my AQ off to both the Courts and Abeey on 18th March, and have not heard from the Courts. I did fone the Courts to make sure they had recieved my AQ, and they have. So, my question is , given that 14 Days will have expired on 2nd April, and if i have still not hear anything by then, would i have to provide the info listed in the Draft Order for Directions attached to my AQ?

Or, do i wait to hear from the judge?

Wait for the directions from the Judge, because, like SusanB's thread, there's other things the Judge can order. I'd make sure I was up to speed with your reading on court bundles and stays etc.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

i sent off my AQ to the courts and abbey on 18th march with draft directions for the judge to consider. I still havnt heard anything from the courts and i am now getting a bit worried. I know the courts have definitley recieved my AQ because i called a few days after i sent it to make sure. Do i have anything to worry about considering i havnt hears anything for almost a month?

UPDATE:

i sent off my AQ to the courts and abbey on 18th march with draft directions for the judge to consider. I still havnt heard anything from the courts and i am now getting a bit worried. I know the courts have definitley recieved my AQ because i called a few days after i sent it to make sure. Do i have anything to worry about considering i havnt hears anything for almost a month?

Give the court a ring and ask them the situation, they will advise you on a likely court date.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Today, i have recieved a court date for 20th July. In the letter from the courts it states "The Claimant shall file and serve copies of his documents by 8th May 2007 to include a schedule setting out each charge or which repayment is sought"

My question is, what exactly do i need to send and to whom do i send it to? By this, i mean, do i send it to the courts or to Abbey?