Natwest charges

Helen_Mary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Katesage I don't want you to think I am ignoring you, everything going well at the moment, I don't think I would have gotten very far without all the help I have recieved from everyone here. I would have been so worried and stewing on this problem if i was still alone.:)

• Haha 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never be alone on here. :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

l beleive the account will be in dispute so they should,nt do anything till its resolved l'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will confirm this our account was put in default but now we won our money back it's suddenly in operation again!

I received a letter from Senior Compliance Manager, 07.02.2007 Ref: Request Statements. They say they will send information soon.

I am concerned about Manual Intervention, they say. With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of out current agreement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raised a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All. sorry i've been so long in replying, not been very well. I requested statements from 31.01.2002 - 31.01.2007. I received statements from 29.12.2000 - 30.01.2007. On the 31.01.2007 I had a bank charge of £28.00 + £6.41. which they kindly left out. The bank sent me a note emphasizing this charge was an unarranged borrowing fee, single account.

Also I received statements for, Joint Account dating from 20.12.2000 - 01.08.2002. I have been waiting complete set of statements since 08.02.2007, still nothing in the post. The letter i received following the statements was sent from Lorraine Cassidy, Senior Compliance Manager, stating that if i had any queries to contact her at the telephone number above. there is no phone number, only a facsimile.

I have tried to look at your example spreadsheet, i cannot get to it

Do you mean you can't find it or can't open it?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and visual guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

You need Excel to be able to open it.

You can download OpenOffice for free here:

Spreadsheet : Alternative to Excel

Free alternative to Excel

but it's quite a large program

or use the on-line calculator here:

Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back

You can't save it so when you've entered all the charges print out a few copies. Also each type of charge has to be entered by hand afterwards.

Hi, I have sent second letter for Single Account, with charges and interest plus spreadsheet info, have saved copy.

I phoned 0845 605 2605 on 22.02.07 requesting the rest of Joint statements, still waiting, nothing in post at the moment.

I am annoyed, the bank is still taking charges out of both accounts, can I claim these back later.

I am seriously thinking of changing banks, if i can't stop them taking these charges.

Thank you Mr Browne, I have used, copied and saved all the advice and samples given reguarding charges claim, I will be back when I get more info.

Guest NATTIE

Yes on claiming them back later, did you think they would not take charges because you are claiming? It doesn;t work that way.

The advice on here has always been to change banks, the so called parachute account, so i would do that anyway. Fresh start and all.

I had sent my first letter on 29.01.07. I still haven't received the rest of my joint account statements. Phoned on 22.02.07 still no statements. I have phoned again 07.03.07, I have a strong feeling they won't send them. As I requested both single and joint, I am sure the £10. cheque was not enought fee for both claims. Today 08.03.07 I have sent another access letter with a £10. cheque as I feel that this may work.

I am still waiting for post, I will let you know IF anything happens.

Also I have sent second letter for single account with calculator info etc, nothing yet, I will let you know by 14 day reply.

The £10 fee is enough to cover all the information on both accounts, there was no need to send a further £10.

If the bank fails to supply you with your data then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

The £10 fee is enough to cover all the information on both accounts, there was no need to send a further £10.

If the bank fails to supply you with your data then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action.

Thank you deller1, I will do this. will let you know what happens soon:D

• 1 month later...

Hello Michael, thank you for your help, I found old thread, can't do anything about the name.

Single Acccount. I have received a letter from bank, they offered the charges only, and two options, If I don't accept and sign the form they sent me, they say they may consider if they are prepared to continue with existing account, or an account that doesn't offer borrowing facilities. I am not signing, can you advise on next stage. I was in the process of sending a third letter, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to make any mistakes.

They are only offering the charges if we sign the form and in the letter it says. To accept this offer in full and the final settlement, complete and sign the form.

Then it goes on to say.

Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published tariff and in accordance with your agreement with the bank.

We feel that signing this form we are giving them permission to take out the charges in future, and we can't complain later.

Send them a letter accepting the refund of charges only but rejecting agreeing to future charges. Can't hurt!!!!!!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.