Natwest charges

Helen_Mary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of requesting full details of all charges incurred on my Joint account,and because of the constant charges on this account i was forced to open a single account to protect my direct debepts, i have charges on this account too. I asked my local NatWest branch for the address of the Data Controller, they said Natwest is the Data Controller and that i should send my conplaint to their Customer Relations Freepost, i can't sent my letter recorded and will this still work.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Mr Browne, believe me you are a Godsend, i know you have only given me the contact for my claim but my family have always been loyal to our bank, we never abused thier system and alway cooperated with them from day one, the suffering thay have caused us for over 6 years is one of the major contributors to our severe emotional and phisical state up to this day. this valuable bit of information may have saved us months of delay, thank you.

I know what you mean about the 'severe emotional....suffering' etc but you have now taken the first steps towards getting yourselves back on your feet...'let the healing begin'...heard that in a song once:)

Good Luck!

• Haha 1

hello Mr Browne, i am so sorry for delay in contacting you, i have been lost so many times and i think i have 2 more thread sites? i would like to delete these but i don't want to make anymore mess i can't clean up. thank you so much for the information so far, i did make note of the address you gave me, i just got lost elsewhere. i have noted the quick links etc too. i would be grateful if you could tell me how to delete the messages i do not need here.

I have another question regarding Natwest. we were given the Advantage Gold card on both accounts, joint and single, about 18 months ago, our circumstances haven't changed for 7 years, they know this and 95% of the time we only use the card at our local supermarket and cashpoint, i am sure this service is of no use to us. they are charging £5.75 per month in interest, the problems we are having is they take the money out of our account which causes us to become overdrawn, (they do this a lot). can we do anything about this, should i deal with this seperately, i haven't sent letter to Data Controller yet. p.s. we have been with natwest 20 years.

have you converted the account back. If it is on both Joint and Sole account then you are paying £24 a month for the same service. You need to convert them both to a current plus if you really do not use it. It has got some great benefits but you need to use them to benefit from the account. If it is causing the charges then it is not right for you.

thank you Nattie, i will do that asap. I could have done this sooner but we just didn't have the strength to fight people anymore before now, we were slowly losing the plot with all the years of suffering we have been through.:)

hello Mr Browne, i am so sorry for delay in contacting you, i have been lost so many times and i think i have 2 more thread sites? i would like to delete these but i don't want to make anymore mess i can't clean up. thank you so much for the information so far, i did make note of the address you gave me, i just got lost elsewhere. i have noted the quick links etc too. i would be grateful if you could tell me how to delete the messages i do not need here.

Helen

ive done a check and you only have this one thread, so don't worry, you don't need to delete anything.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, just to let you know I am still here. I have sent my first request letter on 29.01.2007, recorded + cheque. I am now in the process of opening an account with a different bank. Will let you know how things go. Still greatful for all advice given.

You'll do just fine Helen, just stick to the guidlines and templates set out on this site and you wont go far wrong. The letters have been tried and tested in many successful claims to date and I'm sure yours wont be any different. :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

I have been looking on a lot of Threads and Posts etc, I am still a bit slow. If the bank closes my account after requesting charges back, can they demand the full loan payment and overdraft from me, if not what do I do.

The loan will fall under separate T & C's and is a different agreement, they could insist on you using the money to settle your overdraft however, but look at it this way, at least it'll be a debt settled and less interest to pay.

They don't always close accounts, they certainly didn't with my claim anyway.

I was however glad to use the money to pay off my overdraft so I could be the one to do the account closing. :D