Nco Text Messages

skatepunkdog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I keep recieving text messages from this number +4477 8620 0100

saying "please call NCO regarding an urgent matter on :0870 152 5670 quoting reference (xxxxxx) OR reply to this message and we will call you back."

Usually with the text theirs also (i'm assuming it's related) a phone call from 0121 698 2500 but when I answer theirs no-one their?

My friend tells me that this is a debt colection agency(which is why it's posted here). However i failed to find any information on "NCO" on the net.

Even more amazingly, I currently have no debt to anyone.

which is why i think it might be some a [problem]?

Has anyone had any dealings with NCO, or knows what they? are or how they got my number?. then this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

My advice would be to ignore it. If anyone really loves you that much, they would find another way to reach you.:)

One of my DCA's has taken to sending me texts lately IN HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS, asking me to contact them urgently.... but I never do.

Years ago, they used to send blank postcards to trick you into believing you may have won a prize or some other rubbish. I ignored those as well.

I wouldn't have thought so... you can always request a copy of your credit file from the credit ref. agencies; Experian, Equifax and ??... have forgotten the last one... someone will have to remind me... to check what's on there.

If they are just texting you without sending any nasty letters to your home, then it's unlikely that they know where you are anyway and they are looking for you to panic and tell them !! Best to leave them in ignorance...

You're correct about the company

That number is registered to, NCO Europe Ltd, they do a lot of collecting for Orange.

They live at Old Docks House, Watery Lane, Preston, PR2 1AU

If you did decide to call them (unadviseable), their normal number is 01772 765000

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting the same txt and when I txt back, another number replies with "thanks for contacting NCO one of our agents will contact you shortly" and no one ever does then 1-2 weeks later I get the same all over again.

I have a mobile with Orange as I have heared this company who ever they are deals with them but I am not in debt with them as my mobile bills come directly out of my bank every month,

Is there anyone who has actually spoke to someone at so called "NCO" about these matters.

N C O Europe supposed to have an office in Solihull,Warwickshire

0121 698 2500 I live near there, so going to have a sneaky look see if there is any coming and goings on Friday afternoon, will post any info I have.

Lynn

I have had a call from NCO europe, They seem to work along side Paypal.com asking about an account i have never had under an email account which is not mine and address where i have never lived.

Advise to all be careful who you give ANY personal details to and personal info that can be taken off your PCs