Hi all new poster here can anyone help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my first letter to the Halifax on the 13th December claiming for £800. This was an estimated amount based on the 20 months statements I had got.

They have called me today and offered me £607 as a "goodwill gesture".

In the letter I sent I asked them to give me the details of the amount they did owe me if they disagreed with the £800 I was claiming.

My question is Can I now go back to them and say thanks for the offer but how much do you actually owe me??

Any help appreciated.

And thanks to everyone on here for the inspiration they have given me.

Hello, you don't say how long you've had the account, is it more than 20months?

If it is then send then a SAR data prtection letter asking for full disclosure, along with a cheque/postal order for £10.00. that way you'll find out exactly how much they owe you.

Saxon

if their offering you £607 already you can bet its MUCH MUCH more than £800, so as saxon says S.A.R now and forget about your letter and their offer. and while your waiting for the info to come have a good read of the threads in the forum especially the F.A.Q.s here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faq.php

oh yeah WELCOME :D

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

Thanks for your response I have just called the Halifax and they have told me that they have levied charged of £1164 on my account over the last six years.

Now I know this info I will turn down the offer and persue the rest as advised.

Thanks for the help.

Just to let everyone know. Halifax seem to be willing to settle up most cases over the telephone. I called them back saying I would settle for £1000 against charges of £1164, refusing the offer of £607 they made me.

They agreed virtually straight away, gave me a case number and told me to ammend the offer letter and return it :D. Money in my account within 7/10 days.

RESULT.

Off to get MBNA, Barclaycard and Citibank now!

Thanks once again for the advice and inspiration this forum has given me.

If you offer to settle for less than you are entitled then they usually snap your wrist off to agree to that. Even if it's only a fiver under they seem happier to do that than give the full amnount.

Of course it's your call, if you were happy to take less then that's fine, you've settled. You could probably have got them to give more though.

And, had it reached court stage, you would have got the lot, plus added interest. OK, a bit more hassle in going that far, but usually worth it.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.