Cab V Barclays *Please help*

cab'o'holic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive just done a bit of poking around. Looks like Adrian Ruffhead is part of the BArclays team.

He cant order you into court. Remember YOU are taking THEM to court, you have nothing to worry about, they do.

If you have a notice from court, it should state they wish you to attend for an allocation hearing and then provide details of any information required on the day.

The judge will be on your side, esp when Barclays fail to attend.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

This is the letter the I got from courts

DISTRICT JUDGE WILLIAMS has considered the statments of case and allocation questionaires submitted in this claim and has desided that a hearing is necessary before a final decision about allocation can be made.

Reasons for hearing are as follows

a) Whether further particulars are required from the claiment

b)Whether the claim be allocated to the multi track as a test case hearing before the designated civil judge

c) any further directions required

DISTRICT JUDGE WILLIAMS orders you to attend at **** on the 19 march 2007 at Rhyl County Court.

NOTE: If you fail to attend the hearing, the court may order you to pay the costsof the other party, or parties that do attend. Failure to pay those costs within the time stated may lead to your statement of case being struck out

If you fail to attend the hearing, the court may order you to pay the costs of the other party, or parties that do attend.
Okay, what he is saying is that if you do not attend this hearing and Barclays DO, you will have to pay their costs.

Barclays will NOT attend this hearing [well they havent to date].

This means you will not be charged with anyones costs cos no-one will have attended.

Phone the court and explain that the date given is not convenient for you as you have other commitments, suggest that any documentation can be delivered to the court before the date of the hearing.

Remember this is just a formality to get things rolling, its not to catch you out

You could always see if someone would act as a representative for you.

Theres no point in contacting Barclays yet, this hearing is not to settle your claim.

Yes continue with preparing your bundles [x3] just in case, cos if Barclays do hold out til the very end, you will have to present them.

dont miss things out on the belief that they wont attend anyway, stick to the guidelines as advised on here.

YOU WILL DO FINE!!!

Ok just rang the courts and the lady said yes I am to attend and it would be good to have all my documents with me but I do not need to send any to Barclays yet or hand any in, but they will be usefull to help the judge decide

Yes, no harm in trying to call to settle. I haven't heard of them attending any one of these myself. Just editing to add that they don't normally pay much attention until very close to the 'real' thing though :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well I have all my documents on pc ready to print if I need to but ill leave it till the last minute to save money on ink ect seen as its only to show the Judge. Thanks for all the help Ill keep you posted

Just a bit the lady at the courts said they are used to babies attending, but my mum is trying to rearange things.

This court bundle seems so complicated I hope I dont miss anything out. I may give Barclays a ring a few days before and ask if they will be attending so im not waisting my time going.

Re calling Barclays, you wont get an answer!

They will prob ask when the court date is and someone will call you back

no-one will.

If the judge has asked to to attend it will go in your favour if you do, dont worry its not like a court you see on tv, its more like an office where you simply discuss things with a guy on the other side of the desk,

Cab, this is just an allocation hearing isn't it? In which case you're not the first to have to attend this as these are for the judge to determine how/what/when the final hearing should be etc. Barclays probably won't turn up, which is good for you, or better still, they may call you a couple of days before to start discussing settlement.

Barclays are notorious for not budging until days before the final hearing so you may have a while yet :) Good luck and try not to panic :)

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If they dont ring me should I try to phone on Fri or just go?

I just dont know what to say on Mon, It has on the letter that further particulars directions may be required, what do they mean?

Give them a ring to ask about settling, the judge will tell you what he requires this is a pretty standard hearing. He will decide if you have provided enough information and to which track your claim will be sent.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am SOOOO pleased for you! You've done it, WELL DONE!!!

Crash

Cross out the confidentiality bit and the bit which says I agree to these terms, then sign it and send it back.

Crash