• Tweets

• you mean you did aos on mcol yes? pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.   dx  
    • The Letter of Claim information is not absolutely essential, but it would be useful for two reasons. Firstly, judges take a dim view of companies or individuals who rush to court without giving the other party notice and a chance to settle - the Letter of Claim.  If they didn't send it we could include this point in your defence and it would be detrimental to them. Secondly, we know Countrywide.  They are a very small cowboy company.  The are reluctant to do court, simply becasue they are very bad  at it.  Their record of beating Caggers in front of a judge is exactly 0%.  They have lost every time.  They send the Letter of Claim also to look for people who don't reply, thinking that the person might not reply to a claim form either, giving them an easy default win.  Conclusion - always best to reply to a Letter of Claim and ridicule the PPC's case.
    • Any update here? I ask as we have someone in a similar situation.
    • It's possible.   I suffer from ADHD and also anxiety and depression currently and struggle with paperwork.  I'll have a search around to see if i can find anything.  If they did send something I haven't replied.   I thought there's no way that they will pursue this because I know for a fact i didn't park in a private space and the evidence they have sent is so ridiculous.   What impact does this other paperwork have? Thanks!   I already sent the acknowledgement as i panicked and thought today was the last day to respond.   Then i remembered this wonderful forum.  I'll follow the steps in the sticky next.
    • The particulars of claim doesn’t mention statement of accounts.  Should I include that in the cpr letter?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

sinking_fast V nationwide

sinking_fast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am claiming a refund of £942.06 for charges, am also claiming againist BOS, littlewoods and studio cards (see under relevant topics for progess of others) haev got all my statements so jumped straight to the pre letter, sending them all tomorrow, will keep everyone updated cheers :)

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi sinking fast!

Hope that U have considered re-claiming Contractual Interest (...24.9% with Nationwide) as well???

Just feed your personal unlawful Bank Charges and their associated interest charges, into the following user-friendly spreadsheet (...courtesy of Mindzai), which can be downloaded and a copy of its printout sent with your PL...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

Hopes this helps?!

luv your i.d, thanks for the advice, have filled in a spreadsheet with details of all the charges, dates and amounts, but was under the impression that i don't add the interest on till it goes to court?

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi sinking fast!

If U are wanting to NOT Claim Contractual Interest (...@ 24% APR with Nationwide), U can Claim s69 Statutory Interest @ 8% instead,

but only at the Filing @ Court stage...

It is advisable to Claim Contractual Interest from the onset!

U can Claim either type of Interest...but NOT both!!!

Check out the following link and in particular the reasoning and links contained within #19:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/54212-do-i-have-accept.html

Hope this further helps?!

some-one in another topic explained this to me, so i totally understand now, just gonna claim the 8% when it goes to court though, as even though nationwide charged me £942.06 in charges a few years back they wiped off over £200.00 worth of charges off my account, without me even asking, and most of the time are pretty fair to me, i no you're probably thinking fair???? but they've charged you £942.06 in charges but i'm happy with the 8% interest.

Anyway will keep you's updated, 14 days i give them from sent the letter tomorrow thats right isn't it?

Hi again sinking fast!

There is nothing whatsoever wrong in proceeding with YOUR Claim for YOUR money as U intend.

Something to bear in mind though, based on other Claimants threads...

The Nationwide will continually say that U R wrong to think that U can lawfully Claim YOUR money back from them, that they had unlawfully taken from U.

The Nationwide will force U to file YOUR Claim @ Court before they will part with ANY of YOUR money.

The Nationwide will pay U short of the amount that U Claim and will expect U to accept this as a FULL and FINAL SETTLEMENT and will tell the Court this.

The Nationwide will give U notice that as U won't agree to abide by their T & C's, that they use to justify their unlawful Charges, then they will close YOUR account (...which is, incidently, contary to the Banking Code of Conduct, I believe?!).

The Nationwide will continue to debit YOUR account with the unlawful monthly Unauthorised O/D Fee throughout YOUR Claim, despite them knowing that they will have to give it U back once it gets to Court!

The Nationwide will continue to charge U the Daily Compounded Unauthorised O/D Contractual Interest % Rate (...@ 24.9%APR) on YOUR O/D balance whilst U remain O/D.

At the same time as slowing YOUR Claim up, the Nationwide may accelerate, through their own In House DCA, their attempt to recover what they say that U OWE them.

This may mean that they will issue U with a DEFAULT NOTICE which will stay on YOUR Credit Report with the CRA's for the next SIX YEARS!!

STILL think that...

"...most of the time are pretty fair to me...i'm happy with the 8% interest"

will be the words U choose to say about them in a few months time???...lol...:);)

Best of Luck!

Hope the above doesn't worry U too much?!

P.S. Yes...14 days is an appropriate timescale to give for a reply to your PL

cheers i'm pooping myself now, oh 1 little thing hope it doesn't make a difference but the account was closed last year, but i can still claim can't i? can they still put a default on my credit report even with the account being closed? sorry about the the questions but MTman you seem to know what your talking about :)

Hi sinking fast!

cheers i'm pooping myself now,

Hope it's not too many exotic Mars Bars?...lol

the account was closed last year, but i can still claim can't i?

Yes of course U can still Claim!

can they still put a default on my credit report even with the account being closed?

Was the account closed with a negative balance?

Have U checked with the CRA's that there hasn't been a DEFAULT NOTICE put on YOUR Credit Report already?

sorry about the the questions but MTman you seem to know what your talking about

Please don't just take my word as being gospel...Check things out for yourself...It's YOUR money and YOUR Claim! :)

Hope this helps?!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, quick update had the usually kiss my a*se your getting nothing from us, it was quite a patranising letter now i've read it again, also receiving my BOS letter (which was a basic your not getting money from us letter) but it wasn't like the nationwide one!!! anyway there 14 days to reply is this monday, so do i just send there LBA letter now or wait till monday??

oh and do i send it to the same address i sent the first one too (i used the address from the site), or do i send it to the address on the letter i received today??

• 2 weeks later...

right this thursday is the 14 days from sending the LBA letter, but because it is over £750 i have to raise a summery court action, has anyone done this?? are the forms easy to fill in, I have found on here forms for small claims that i can download for taking the BOS to court with a step by step to fill in guide, is there 1 for the summery court action forms does any1 know?

any1 help me with the question in my post above pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I must confess that i am not sure what you mean by

summery court action

If your claim is below £5000 you can claim through the small claims court

using MCOL http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

or fill in the N1 claim form which you hand into your local court http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Although even if your claim was above £5000 you can still request for small claims court.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

sorry i'm in scotland, so what forms do i use? the claim is for over £750 (small claims court) so its a summery court action (its called something like this) has any1 got a link to the form i would use please, cause i really want to get everything ready as i have 6 claims in totally and i have till thursday :?

sorry i'm in scotland, so what forms do i use? the claim is for over £750 (small claims court) so its a summery court action (its called something like this) has any1 got a link to the form i would use please, cause i really want to get everything ready as i have 6 claims in totally and i have till thursday :confused:

I am sorry I didn't notice you were in Scotland I think It is a different process. Hope someone replies with the help you require. Good Luck.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

please someone :?

hi sinking i am just spotted your shout for help , i am in scotland too but i have an english address i can use so i will do it that way i cant find what you are looking for but what about going into the chatroom and asking, there is always people who know what they r talking about in there, i hope this helps x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

cheers lori was hoping milktrayman might be going about and maybe point me in the right direction hint hint ;)

Hi found this under guidance notes. hope it helps you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/11123-scottish-procedure.html

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

cheers mahharg, think i have it sorted now, just downloaded the summery form from my local court web site, and filled it in the same as the small claims form, so fingers crossed will see what happens now :?

Hi sinking fast!

...was hoping milktrayman might be going about and maybe point me in the right direction hint hint ;)

Sorry about leaving U High 'n' Dry like that...was busy concerntrating on reaching my birthday yesterday!

Apparently Nationwide (...based in Swindon) must have an International Division?!...so much for a few Italians building a wall many moons ago!!!...rofl...:lol:

Here's a link to a thread which may encourage U to form a Clan...lol...:p :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/43073-dtollan-nationwide.html

hope u had a good b/d MTM, after reading your link, i'm worried now as i didn't know that if you lost (summary cause) you have to pay :?

have got all the court paperwork ready though but don't get money till monday so can't file them till then!!

Hello sinking fast!

hope u had a good b/d MTM, Didn't get one card...even though I'd posted myself one! after reading your link, i'm worried now as i didn't know that if you lost (summary cause) you have to pay :? Confident U'll lose are U?!...lol

have got all the court paperwork ready though but don't get money till monday so can't file them till then!! Just think of all that lovely extra interest U'll earn by NOT Claiming for a few days!...lol

• 5 months later...

**********************HELP**************************

not been on in ages as been waiting for 3 months for a court date, have now got it in and its tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really worried about it, I haven't got a clue what i've got to say or take with me, please please please can someone help, its at a sheriff's court as i'm in scotland and its a summary claim as its over £750.