dtollan vs Nationwide

dtollan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wish me luck....just setting off on the long road to (hopefully) getting my cash back.:)

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

2/11/2006 - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

16/11 - Statements Received (envelope slightly torn, no cover letter)

18/11 - Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

12/12 - Prelim Letter Sent Recorded Delivery To Local Branch

30/12 - Offer received for all charges minus interest

13/01/07 - Letter of rejection sent,along with new prelim (adjusted interest calculated)

29/01 - LBA sent recorded delivery

**NATIONWIDE**

5/11/06 - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

13/11 - Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

23/11 - Statements Received (Special Delivery with cover letter, very impressed, good service)

12/12 - Prelim Sent Recorded Delivery To Local Branch

13/01/07 - New Prelim sent (adjusted interest calculations)

Hi Suzy H...(again)..lol.....i take it i'm doing this the right way on this site...by posting on the nationwide and RBOS?..im sure one of the mods will chastise me quickly enough if im doing it wrong..;)

I see that you managed to get over 2 grand off the nationwide....did you have to file a claim with courts?...did you go for the summary cause option and file twice?

Cheers

(always good to hear that someones been down the same path)

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

13/01/07 - Letter of rejection sent,along with new prelim (adjusted interest calculated)

**NATIONWIDE**

23/11 - Statements Received (Special Delivery with cover letter, very impressed, good service)

:wink: hello 'dt' yes you're doing it the right way (two different threads). I wondered the same thing when I first started posting as I had read so many threads with 'please stick to one thread' etc but after getting more used to scouting around the site I realised it was the 'hijacking' of threads that they were getting into trouble for :-) lol

Yes ... got just under £3k from them in the end - I didn't do the 'summary clause' thing as after reading around it sounded a bit 'risky' as in if I lost I would have to pay :sad: and as it was my first attempt at anything like this I decided better being safe than sorry and used an address in Wales to pursue the claim via mcol.

This got round the £750 limit and I had great help and encouragement from everyone on the site - it's amazing how strong you feel with that kind of support behind you.

You are doing great - stick in and before you know it there will be some pennies in the bank :wink:

Don't know if this will help - you might get an idea about timescales etc http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/16154-suzy-h-nationwide.html?highlight=suzy+h

Thank you :-)

Hi Suzy H,

I wondered about using an address down south as well....i have a couple of relatives addresses that i can use......

was wondering if i just use my scottish address (normal address for banking stuff) for the letters in the beginning...then when it inevitably comes to court claim time....do i just do that from my relatives address....it would save a lot of hassle.

Also if you know......doe sthis only apply to english banks?...or can you do this with RBOS as well?

many thanks (i'll try to stop bugging you soon ;))

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

**NATIONWIDE**

You ain't bugging me you silly sausage :wink:

I used my Dundee address until it came to the day for filling out mcol then I submitted my name c/o the Welsh address as the 'address for sending documents'. My friend then forwarded the post to me and all was hunky dory :lol:.

Reading around other threads I have not seen anything to the contrary so when it gets to that stage I shall be mcol'ing RBoS and Tesco Personal Finance (also RBoS) as well.

I think the only fear some people have is that when you live in Scotland 'IF' it went to court you would have to travel down to England to appear for the hearing but I guess with RBoS it would be held in Scotland anyway so no travelling! (could be wrong there though)

In any case (and of course to leave you on a positive note) once you file mcol it's only a matter of days before the money appears like magic 29_4_61.gif into your account.

Thank you :-)

• 1 month later...

Prelim letter sent to my local branch today.......14 days and counting.....I wonder if theres any christmas spirit on the go at Nationwide. Maybe they'll settle painlessly :rolleyes: I decided to go for unauthorised contractual interest so lets see what happens.:shock:

(I know my RBOS thread is almost identical...sheer laziness..the joys of copy and paste!!)

:idea::idea:Just had a thought though.....as i'm pursuing the RBOS and Nationwide simultaneously does anyone think there will be problems ahead when filing in court.....i think it should be ok as its different defendants.....does anyone know any different.:idea::idea:

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

**NATIONWIDE**

• 4 weeks later...

14 days (and more) are up now since prelim letter was sent. However as my signature thingy says, i also have an ongoing claim with RBOS, on this thread I am going back to my interest calculations on the correct advice of Bill-k, he is letting me use one of his spreadsheets to re-calculate my unauthorised int rates, I will use my nationwide claim to test these spreadys as theres not as much money at stake.

Therefore theres a wee re-think occuring and i will be digressing from my strict 28 day timescales in order to re-check my calculations (possibly even re-starting my claims).....a lesson here in the best way to go about things methinks.......read lots of threads and make sure your as informed as you can be BEFORE sending any letters....ho hum...isn't hindsight wonderfull!!:rolleyes:

Just trying to keep this post up-to-date as well. I seem to be typing the same thing twice, once here and once in my RBOS thread.

cheers

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

**NATIONWIDE**

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

To keep this thread up-to-date, I sent an amended prelim letter on the 12th January. No response at all! (nice of them eh)

just penning my LBA and will post either today or first thing tomorrow

cheers

**ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

**NATIONWIDE**