where do I start???? HELP!!!

Melech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Ok here is the stage I am at. I have 6 years of bank statements sitting on my desk in order (nice large wad of them) and I have a highlighter. What can I claim for and what cant I claim for. I have a HSBC account.

I know there are loads of FAQs but the truth is I am bamboozled by them. Isnt there a simple step by step guide???

Melech

welcome to the forum,

it can be a bit confusing, this is the most important part:

Newcomer? Here's A User Guide move on when you are comfortable with these guidelines.

you've got you statements so you are ready to begin.

see if this helps you:Charges description on statements - Please Read

my advice - mark e verything with a DR (including overdraft interest)next to it - then compare it to the list above.

when you've got them all marked. start with the spreadsheet. Spreadsheet with interest using this one if you are including o/d interest:

England - Advanced - Excel

England - Advanced - Works

if you need more help than this, i can offer a simplified approach- try this link: post number 9 HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1 it has helped a few people who found the other explanations hard to understand.

then, when you've completed the s/s, you go back to the step by steps - and send the prelim letter, and proceed from there. if you have more questions, just ask - hope this helps you get started.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have gone through my charges and got it all down and sorted. I am on to the interest and have seen the spreadsheet and HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!! I assume that overdraft interest is interest that is gained whilst you are within your overdraft (which for me is 364 days of the year). Compounded interest and all these words are all new to me and dont know where to start!!! HELLLLLLPPPPPPPP

Thanks,

Mike

melech don't panic!!!!

put all the details you have onto the spreadsheet and you will see the interest work out for you automatically.

pain in the butt - but it works (somehow)!!

if you're still in trouble - pm a site helper or wait for good ol lattie to come back and explain it again - or go over the honeygie link until you understand it a little more.

hope this helps

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

does anyone who has done this and filled out Vamps's sheet have msn / aol / google? I wouldnt mind chatting this through with someone? I am still somewhat in the dark.... And to think - I passed GCSE maths as well

melech - go back to the post above where i gave you that link to honeygie's thread - post number 9, read it again - and do as it says step by step - i promise - you'll get it! just take it slow - get back if you still don't get it - but try again - step by step as it's explained. bet you do it next go.