Woolie75 vs Halifax (will soon be after Lloyds TSB as well)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice one woolie, keep reading up all the time, this is a whole minefield of knowledge!

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:) My letter was delivered from the HALIFAX Delivery Office on 08/01/07 .

Will check the Royal Mail website track and trace again in 72 hours to find out if I can who signed for it,

But I will assume for now they have received it.

So they now have 40 days to reply.:)

Received a standard looking letter, not personalised for me, just addressed "Dear Sir" also not even signed at the bottom. Just says "Yours Sincerely Data Subject Access Request Team"

Suppose they need a team/Department to deal with all these requests.:p

Anyhow the letter just confirms that they have received my request for information in relation to transactions and charges. Under the Data Protection Act. That they have 40 days from receipt of my request to provide information. Therefore I should receive a response no later than 16th Febuary 2007.

Just like to also add that my name and address plus the response date is hand written by them on the letter?!?

Hi Woolie75 - good luck. You're on your way to reclaiming what it rightfully yours!!! Have a look at my thread - jaxads - to see how I fared with the Halifax. I'm just now waiting for the funds to go into the bank account!!! For some reason they're quoted 7-10 days. I thought it could be done at the push of a button (or two), but they must be refunding so many it takes some time - lol!!! You'lll find all the help and support you need on this site. Best wishes. jaxads x :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Woolie,

It took Halifax around 45 days and 5 phone calls to respond fully with my SAR, I totalled the charges and sent the preliminary letter. Today I recieved the first bog-off letter. Here's my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/46530-diabolical-halifax-plc.html

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Letter received 22/01/2007.

Completion of Request for a list of transactions and charges. :) (3 accounts):)

Should be received within the next 10 working days.

Once received I have a several spreadsheets to knock up.:-|

So may be calling on some help from people to give them a quick once over before I submit them with my Request for Payment, just to check I haven't missed anything.

Woolie you can send them a Non-Compliance letter when the 40 days are up (template in the library), but if they say they're on their way, it may be that it's just winging its way to you at some point, but just late!

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...