Lucyloo23 v HSBC

lucyloo23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

AQ arrived - i shall complete now - the deadline is 4 april - am i right that i complete it and hang on to it for as long as possible? aslo had an interesting call from a lady at HSBC, i basicly owe them £200 from when i filled in a paying in slip wrong by £100, i rang to ask why it had been taken from my account, they said they didnt know so i asked for the cash to be put back untill they did know. After about 6 weeks i received a letter in the post showing the error on the slip - i agreeded that they could take the £100 off me - however they CREDITED my account with £100!! To be honest it took me a while to notice it and when i did i didnt tell them. About 2 weeks after i had another call saying they wanted their £200 back. I agreed that i would make payments into a savings account of £20 per week until it was paid off. I could not draw funds from this account. I stuck to my promise and actually got ahead of myself as a couple of weeks i put £30-£40 in. However some bright spark transfered this money (about £180) into my current account to take me back to within my overdraft!! I was not a happy bunny - But anyway the lady who i have been dealing with about all this rang me on friday and asked if i would settle the £200 out of the settlement figure i was getting for my charges. I said that as far as i was aware hsbc were defending the claim and that i would not be getting anything back (oh how inocent am i...NOT!) She fummbled about a bit and said that "if" i was offered a settlement "would" i repay it? This is where i need help - i have no problem repaying this money, the lady as hsbc Debbie has been really helpfull and i do owe it - help please

Lucyloo x

:)

Firstly it doesn't appear to matter too much when you file the AQ. The thinking was that you should leave it to the last minute giving HSBC/DG every opportunity to offer a settlement. What seems to be happening now is that they are not necessarily making offers and simply missing the AQ deadline and getting an extension from the court. With regards to the money that you owe and a possible settlement. I would be inclined to say that as you owe the money and are not disputing that fact if they pay back all the charges, interest and court fees that you are now claiming within 7 days then they can take the £200 out of the settlement. If they don't then no deal! :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 1 month later...

Ok - UPDATE!!

I have today received a letter from DG offering me the full amount inc interest - i have signed the form and said i will accept the amount - thanks for everyones help with this :)

However..... i have incured more charges (£200 approx) from the last claim date to now, do i have to resart the process for that?

Thank you so much for your help

:grin:

Lucyloo x

take a look at nettyg's thread - she got 6K back and straight away started asking - on internet banking - through e-mail for some more charges and got them offered quite quickly. the alternative is to start again with the first 2 letters and maybe a line like i've done this before - make no mistake - i will file again. just look at how netty did it first - saves them closing your account - hopefully.

and on your first claim

CONGRATULATIONS! WELL DONE!

Excellent thank you so much - i so love the support and friendlyness of this site - thanks again

Oh do you know how they pay you? is it into the account in question?

Lucyloo x

normally yes, 7 - 10 working days from when they receive the acceptance letter back and signed. you can ask for a cheque - but it's a little late now. if it drags on - get on to them and inquire about when you'll get it.

OH MY GOODNESS IT HAS ARRIVED!! They have credited the account but thats no issue, at least i can close in soon - they have applied some more charges so i have sent an e-mail asking nicely for them back - fingers crossed - but thanks to everyone on here for the support

Lucyloo x

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding - i have been away on my honeymoon!! Matter all done, i wrote to the court and spent the money - have e-mailed regarding more charges applied to the account in the mean time so watch this space

Lucyloo x

congratulations on the honeymoon!!!!

one more quick thing - can you pm a moderator with these details - as they will add it to the data base for peeps to show how many times hsbc pays up - just pm your username, claim date, amount, and that it was hsbc. thanks lucy - see you around!