DVLA Cannot show my driving license information

About a year ago i was summonsed to court for a speeding offence,

long story short

it wasn't me that was driving the vehicle, and i successfully proved that i had not received any paperwork (the reason it went to a summons) because there is a problem with our address,

i live at number 7, yet when you look online to enter our address for anything you have 7, 5-7 and 7-9 on our street, one is my address and two are businesses. 

The court ruled that there was an issue, and agreed i did not receive any paperwork (aside from me not being the driver)  i thought it odd that i never received anything in the post to say that, but they are the courts i assumed everything would be in order.

Now just recently i have been using family members vehicles to get to work and have been insuring the vehicles on a temporary basis.

Recently when using a comparison website i would get results and then when i went to make payment it would not let me advance,

i had tried this on numerous sites and the same happened, i assumed that it would have been because i have used to many temporary insurances and it may have flagged for whatever reason.

i went to check my license online, and i cant view it, it states below,

i called the DVLA and they can not view any details either and have said they will need to raise a case internally to find out what has happened. 

My wife and brother seem to think that the courts have screwed up not informed the DVLA of anything, hence i was banned.

But surely it wouldn't have taken so long for me to stop being able to insure my vehicle on a temporary basis until just now??

Please can anyone assist as im worried sick now and ive done absolutely nothing wrong, i need my license for my job.

It has not been possible to display/match your driving licence.

For further information regarding your driving licence details write to:

Central Casework Group,
Drivers Enquiries,
DVLA,
Swansea,
SA6 7JL

First thing to do is what the the DVLA website extract says - write to the Central Casework Group with full details of your licence, adding that you spoke to DVLA call centre xx/xx/xxxx and they told you they couldn't see the details either.  Get proof of posting.

Are you in physical possession of your Driving Licence Photocard? And the card shows it is still current? If so include a photocopy of it when you write to DVLA. There's no reason for you to assume that the licence has been cancelled or that you have been banned. Just some IT problem at DVLA.

I wouldn't go into all the stuff about your court case last year. There's no evidence that the current glitch in the DVLA system is anything to do with it and it will just muddy the waters. 

Most comparision sites ask for your licence number. You can get quotes without the licence being checked but when you take up an insurer's quote they then check your licence number against the DVLA website to make sure it is valid and to check if any Points for motoring offences are recorded. If you are unable to access your licence details on DVLA then insurers won't be able to either so they will refuse to proceed and cancel their quote. 

i think we may have the issue,

its been just over 6 months since i was banned and when i defended the case and it should have been rescinded.

I have just spoken to the courts, and they informed the DVLA that the ban should have been overturned.

Now you need to reapply for your license when you have been banned, and they give a window of 45 days i believe after it has expired. The dates add up,

what i think has happened is that my details have been removed from the system because i was banned for 6 months (when i shouldn't have been) and the additional days on top.

If this is the case then surely i can sue these idiots until the cows come home,

i have been driving whilst banned (again when i shouldn't have been) and this can affect my job, imagine i had been pulled over with my son in the car, they would have just arrested me and not listened to a word of my story.  

please stop posting blocks of txt.

add blank lines and sentences.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am sorry for the lack lines and inputting block text, and i do apologise about not mentioning the ban , as you can imagine my mind has been all over the place, again i am sorry.

I think you need to tell us what actually happened.

Your original post gives the impression that you were taken to court for a speeding offence. But you go on to say that you received no paperwork. So you could not have been summonsed for a speeding offence because the police had no evidence that you (or anybody else) was driving (and it seems you were not anyway).

You were probably summonsed (or more likely received a Single Justice Procedure Notice) for "failing to provide the driver's details." You would not normally be banned for this offence if you were convicted - it carries six points. So did you have any earlier points which meant you were liable to a "totting up" ban? 

If you were originally convicted (as it seems you might have been) how was that conviction set aside? Did you perform a Statutory Declaration?

There is simply too much missing for any meaningful help to be given. It seems as if there may have been an error by the DVLA but before you consider suing those idiots until the cows come home, you need to explain exactly what has happened.