Lowell - old Cap1 card debt - paying thru payplan not credited - Can I dispute debt amount?

Hello,

I have an old Capital One credit card debt under £1500 for which I've been paying £1 a month for 5+ years.

I did a CCA request to Lowell and received the original signed CA plus statements from date of inception to the end of 2019.

I can see from the statements that no payments were credited to the account for all of 2019.

I know payments were made as they were part of my DMP with Payplan. At the time the account was with Fredrickson. 

They have not provided any statements from 2020 to present and I am writing to them to request these.

I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable?

I've trawled the forums and Google searched but can't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked before.

Any input most appreciated, thank you :-)

Why are you paying them anything? you are just running out the statute barred clock to infinity. Personally I'd stop paying them immediately, and ignore any further communication from them unless it's a letter of Claim.  Also have you moved since taking out the Credit card, if so you need to write to them with your current address.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well back in 2019 I still had the 'fear' of these paper tigers.

I followed advice from another debt forum, requested CCA for all.

A CCA was supplied for this account, I set up token payment and put it out of my mind.

I thought that this was the correct course of action....and you know, you don't know until you know better.

I've only, in the last couple of weeks found the info on this site's forums.

I will be stopping payments and shall break-off all communication unless I receive a letter of claim.

I assume that the missing payments information would come in to play then?

They have my current address.

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell - old Cap1 card debt - paying thru payplan not credited - Can I dispute debt amount?

what are the other debts are you blindly paying like a nice compliant DCA cash cow thru PP?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

4 hours ago, polishchap said:

I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable?

no.

thread title updated moved to cap1 forum

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...