Trying to fill in money claim online...scared...please help!

I hate barclaycard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi folks,

Can someone briefly look over this for me, this is what i sent to barclaycard and since then i have sent the second version similar to this, titled LBA, the scheduale i sent is at the bottom, i havnt included 8% interest???? do i need to contact them again before i do my money claim?

(i'm not due to do moneyclaim until 4th Jan but just want to be prepared)

Also what do i claim for?

Charges

Interest

£10 SAR FEE

Court Fees

Postage???? - 4 letters sent recorded delivery so far

Printer materials

Time and effort???

Thanks, sorry for th extra long post, just want to be sure before i issue claim.:confused:

SENT TO BARCLAYCARD:

Dear Sir/Madam,

………………………………………………………………………….

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £674.00 in charges from me.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

You will notice that I have included in the schedule, an estimate of charges prior to may 2004, this estimate is due to your refusal to supply relevant information to me at what I consider to be a reasonable cost. For your records I have also lodged a complaint with the Information Commissioner.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

……………………………………..

TOTAL CLAIM: £674.00Charge ReasonCharge AmountCharge DatePrevious charges estimated£350.00Jan 2003 - May 2004Late Payment Charge£20.0002-Nov-04Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0002-Dec-04Late Payment Charge£20.0002-Feb-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0002-Feb-05Late Payment Charge£20.0002-Mar-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0002-Mar-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0004-May-05Late Payment Charge£20.0002-Jun-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0002-Jun-05Late Payment Charge£20.0004-Jul-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0004-Jul-05Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0020-Feb-06Exceeded Limit Charge£20.0021-Apr-06Over Credit Limit Charge£20.0020-Jun-06Over Credit Limit Charge£20.0020-Jul-06Late Payment Charge£12.0019-Oct-06Over Credit Limit Charge£12.0019-Oct-06

Charges Yes

Interest Yes

£10 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) FEE Yes

Court Fees No, these will be added automatically

Postage???? - 4 letters sent recorded delivery so far Yes, if you have receipts

Printer materials No

Time and effort??? No

do i need to contact them again before i do my money claim?

No

Hello, thank you for responding, I’m still not sure I’ve got this 100 %...sorry i make my claim tomorrow.

Ok so I’ve only got half my statements - £348 in charges I’ve estimated £350 before that.

Total £686.

I am presuming that I can do a court claim for the estimate...........

Using the 8% spreadsheet I have calculated £722.12.

This is what my court claim says.....

1. The Claimant has an account xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx with the Defendant, opened January 2003 2. Since then the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract. 3. Defendant is aware of all details as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another copy will be sent. 4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; (b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law. 5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £686; (b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £36.12 continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.15; 6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. 7. Costs allowed by the Court.

Amount claimed - 722.12

Court fees - 80.00

Solicitors cost - 00.00

Total Amount - 802.12

are all the figures right????????

and do I need to send Barclaycard a copy of my full claim?

Sorry to be a pest.

Thank you again.