VW Finance - Court ROGO over 30yrs - can it hurt me now?

30 years ago I returned my car that was on HP to VW Finance after they obtained a court order as I had not paid the final payment,

the court order was for the car to be returned and to pay 5k final payment.

I posted the keys back to VW and was told the car would be sold at auction and the sale proceeds would be deducted from the 5k final payment,

I never heard back again, I doubt the car would have sold for 5k,

I would have expected some outstanding balance.

This all happened 30 years ago, I am now buying a house and I am concerned could this come back to haunt me?

I understand after 6 years the courts permission is required to enforce a CCJ and there must be a good reason, also court records would no longer exist and the claimant perhaps would need the original CCJ to even attempt this.

My worry is if I buy a house and out of the blue I get a statutory demand or some other claim for payment, can anybody give a view on this please?

Thanks

What London1971 says, zero chance. Apart from anything else they never even asked you to pay the balance did they? They would have had to come back to you and serve a demand for payment for the difference between the £5k in the judgement and what they sold it for at auction. They never did that so you didn't have an unsatisfied CCJ.

If you are thinking a buying a house check your credit record at all the main CRAs, not only to satisfy yourself that this VW Finance isn't there but as a general bit a prudent housekeeping before applying for a mortgage to check there's nothing else lurking there that shouldn't be.

good god, wherever did you get that idea from? wherever you are reading you need to stop it...

debt is not a crime in the uk.

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VW Finance - Court ROGO over 30yrs - can it hurt me now?