Barclays £100 Settlement

Ells2123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am a frequent 'MSEr' but have been told that this is a great place to get somd advice on a bank charges claim.

It is only a small one but still important to me!

I wrote to Barclays requesting the £230 including interest that they owe me. They have responded with an offer of £100.

What i would like to know is shall i take this? It seems a little extreme to start filling a claim in the small claims court, but then again they still have £130 of my money!

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thak you

Completely agree with pollyj - its your money, not theirs.

The only caveat is Barclays do appear, at least if the threads on CAG and MSE are anything to go by, to go to the wire so you may have a couple of months before you get the balance but filing your claim with MCOL and then getting the rest of the paperwork in order is worth it for £130!! :)

Whatever you decide though, congrats on getting £100 from them!

• Haha 1

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

Thanks for your advice i really appreciate it, i'm going to have to have a long hard think, i guess the idea of filing the case just seems a little daunting!

Thanks again,

Only settle for what is rightfully yours the full amount.

You would not allow someone to steal from you in the street then offer half back if you go away would you?

I know that your right but from reading everyone elses threads it appears that Barclays will really see it through to the death!

I don't want to end up in court...what a wuss!!

I doubt if you will see the inside of a court, what the banks try do do is scare you into settling. Stick to your guns and reclaim all your money. :D

• Haha 1

I know that your right but from reading everyone elses threads it appears that Barclays will really see it through to the death!

I don't want to end up in court...what a wuss!!

No, it appears that Barclays will see it to between 1 and 5 days BEFORE the hearing before caving in.... Precisely in the hope that the wusses of this world will fall for it and cave in...;-)