Caught with Childs 5-10yrs railcard

I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost.

However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off.

I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court.

I have received the court summons letter

I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie”

it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't.. 

You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..

No I have not. I will probably do that

How do I convince TFL it is not in the public interest to prosecute?

the last thing I want is a criminal conviction.

I have experienced a lot of self hatred for my action, I will never do it again.

But I just feel like no matter what I say TFL still wants to prosecute

well we cant help you without information.

we need to SEE the org TfL Letter and your reply.

we also need to see the SJPN court forms upon WHAT you are ACTUALLY charged with

and if there is a TIC List requiring your signature next to each journey and how many journey's are on the list?

scan these upto ONE mass PDF read upload CAREFULLY.

if your 'lie' of lost card is included in the court docs within a written statements , i can't see you escaping a criminal conviction...sorry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that.

You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

From what you’ve posted, it absolutely is in the public interest to prosecute.

You’ve fare evaded multiple times. Your reason for doing so is impecunity: but if they accept that as a valid reason they’d have to create a new scheme to allow free travel outside of the existing ones. So that’s mitigation rather than defence.

A conviction carries stigmata and inconvenience : but that is one of the downsides of committing an offence, and one of the reasons to prosecute is deterrence : so you saying it will affect you doesn’t make it not in the public interest to prosecute - it is in the public interest but just not in your interest ….

I come back to the fact that you haven’t really given TFL a reason not to prosecute, and (by being caught in a lie about it being once only) given them a reason to harden their attitude (even if they haven’t seen your comments here about lack of remorse / wishing “you’d just done a runner” .

Why shouldn’t they prosecute?

• Like 1

I didnt tell them it was a one off.

I told them that the reason why I didnt use a valid pass the day I was caught was because my debit card was lost.

If it wasnt for my debit card being lost I was have paid for travel on that day

16 minutes ago, hii said:

If it wasnt for my debit card being lost I was have paid for travel on that day

not a valid excuse.!!

what date did you lose you debit card?

On 19/04/2024 at 14:25, dx100uk said:

well we cant help you without information.

we need to SEE the org TfL Letter and your reply.

we also need to see the SJPN court forms upon WHAT you are ACTUALLY charged with

and if there is a TIC List requiring your signature next to each journey and how many journey's are on the list?

scan these upto ONE mass PDF read upload CAREFULLY.

if your 'lie' of lost card is included in the court docs within a written statements , i can't see you escaping a criminal conviction...sorry.

dx

and all the above please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 19/04/2024 at 09:57, hii said:

I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost.

However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off.

How many uses, over how long?

so what excuse are you going to use when they find there is a pattern of your use of the childs card going back weeks/months before that day you gave that excuse.....

i knew i was going to lose my debit card in a few weeks/months time so i thought i'd start practicing my fraudulent use early?

dx

and they