Vodafone broadband & Landline package Pro Rata charge?

Switched from Plusnet to Voda for BB and LL, they quoted £35 a month which was cheaper than PN, so made the switch.

PN are claiming I didn't tell them that I was leaving so want me to pay their monthly fee, no chance.

Voda were supposed to inform PN that I was moving over so not my concern.

BUT, the first bill comes in at almost double the monthly cost they quoted me, just under £70, and using live chat they say it is because it is a ''pro rata'' charge that I will be refunded at the end of contract?

Then another live chat claims it is because they take the monthly fee in advance?

If I cancel the DD and pay via standing order the £35 a month that was agreed, then they say they will charge me a £5 late payment fee.

Told them that I won't be bullied, and unless they honour what was agreed I will cancel and move back to PN.

Of course, the complaints process is lethargic but I have until the 9th before they take payment.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this ''pro rata'' charge?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

eh?

sounds irish to me

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep.....double Dutch!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bad understanding of billing queries from their CS team - Force your way through voda complaints - Call them

Speak to them - Force them to deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Spoke with their CS team, ''Andrew''.

I haven't got the energy to fight this at the minute, but he agreed to knock off a tenner and I was happy with that, then the bills will be as they quoted per month going forward.

I did get a few freebies thrown in when I took out the agreement as well, Apple + TV, and 6 months free Discovery plus, plus the WiFi is much more stable.

Now I can concentrate on other battles, namely my employment tribunal.!