Newton Autos in Milton Keynes - Bought a px Car to clear. Do I still have rights? they say no warranty!!

Hello everyone, 

I've had a direct debit payment of 31.50 taken from my account today from the DVLA. It's allowing me to cancel this transaction until up to 8 o'clock. 

Is this their comeback somehow? Will this continue? 

I think that's your auto Direct Debit for the vehicle tax and nothing to do with them..

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

OK guys, they've disputed the charge. NATWEST have asked me to reply in writing by tomorrow in as much detail as possible as to why the chargeback should stand otherwise the money will head back to Newton Autos. 

Any suggestions as to what I should write to natwest? 

J

Similar to what you've said here, just get drafting up based on what's already been sent. The mentions of the CRA2015 will be key.

post your draft up here and we can help tweak.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Good afternoon, 

I am writing in reference to the retail dispute number ****, between myself and Newton Autos concerning the sale of a Toyota Avensis which has been found to have serious mechanical faults. 

As explained previously the car was found to be faulty just six days after purchase. The car had numerous fault codes that appeared on the dash board and went into limp mode. This required assistance from the AA and this evidence has already been provided. The car continues to exhibit these faults and has been diagnosed as having faults with the fuel injectors which will require major mechanical investigation and repairs. 

Newton Autos did not make me aware of any faults upon purchase of the vehicle and sold it as being in good condition. 

Newton Autos have also refused to honour their responsibilities under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 which requires them to refund the customer if the goods are found to be faulty and not fit for purpose within 30 days of purchase. 

Newton Autos also refused to accept my rejection of the vehicle and refused to refund the car and accept the return of the vehicle. 

It is clear to me that the car is not fit for purpose as these mechanical faults occurred so soon after purchase and have been shown to be present by both the AA and an independent mechanic.

Kind regards