Natwest refusing to re-issue credit card

jobmid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I seem to have gotten into a spot of bother with Natwest.

In August I moved house and contacted NatWest to have my address updated.

I asked for all the accounts I had to be updated which the person on the phone advised she would do.

My credit card was due to expire in Novbember, i called them and chased them to see where the card was.

I was told they didn't update the address on my credit card, the person claimed to do it and then said she had ordered a new card.

A week later I called to ask where is my new card to find out the lady never updated my address or re-issued my card. 

I was then told they were unable to re-issue my card due to their lending policy, debt on the card is around £6k and I have been making payments to the card via direct debit.

I was a bit surprised at this as it came out of the blue.

They said they will continue to take payments from me via direct debit and offered £50 compensation credited to the credit card account.

I made a complaint to them about this but I got the same response and £80 credit to my account.

They said they would just leave the account as it is

I am worried this is going to mess my credit score up.

Any advise would be appreciated. 

only if they send a default notice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lot of credit card providers doing this atm
Virgin are well known for it
They of course have the “right “to do it under their t and cs, whether they are treating you fairly or not is another matter entirely 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

No they didn't send a default notice and seem to have kept my credit line intact as it says I still have available credit on it.

I feel it is a little unfair as i generally kept the account within its credit limit.

Yes I did switch bank away from them about 2 years ago as I was unhappy with the service plus I had a loan with them I settled early in the 2nd year of its 5 year term as the interest was insane at 21%.

This credit card on the other hands interest rate is only 7% I am doing a tactic of paying down things with higher interest first.

I think I am being responsible to them but they don't seem to think so or care.

If you sign in to the Natwest banking mobile app, can you see whether they have now updated your address?

If they haven't, do you have the ability to order a replacement card in the app? My thinking (although I accept it might be a bit wild) is that your change of address has somehow caused them to effectively treat your request as a new credit application, which is being declined because you've "generally kept the account within its credit limit", or in other words, you were at times in breech of their terms and conditions because you didn't always keep it within its credit limit.

If you could order the new card via the app, then arrange to collect or have the card forwarded by the new occupiers of your old address, it might just about be a way around the issue.

Does your credit card account have any warnings or status messages against it in the app?