Royal Mail claim xxx WON xxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sued the Royal Mail as a tester to see how the whole Moneyclaim procedure worked. heres what happened:

in May 06 i sold some dvds on ebay for around £150 and was paid via paypal. DVDs were posted with recorded delivery (big mistake) and were promptly 'lost' (stolen) in the post.

the buyer claimed their money back via paypal (as they are entitled to), leaving me seriously out of pocket. i contacted Royal Mail who told me to fill in a claim form, which i did.

weeks later, nothing. i rang them and they told me to wait another week. after a week, guess what? 'wait another week'. this went on for 2 months.

evenually i got sick of them and sued via Moneyclaim. after recieving their defence, i then recieved a phone call from their legal team, apologising and offering me the maximum compensation for recorded delivery items that get lost in the post (£32) plus court costs (£30). i accepted of course.

so. i got some experience of the system, plus an apology from their solicitors.

last word, if you send anything in the post thats worth more than £32, use special delivery. just in case ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

just going through the same thing with royal mail, items lost in post, thankfully used SD so am confident that insurance will pay out. am out of pocket at mo, what with making refund to buyer and phone calls etc to royal mail.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I sent a camcorder by Special Delivery with enhanced compensation 2 years ago that was delivered the next day but with the camcorder missing. The box had obviously been tampered with and restuck down with brown tape and my signature forged over the joins. When i put in a claim for total loss Royal Mail said that all they're contracted to do is get a signature on delivery. They claimed the package should have been opened on delivery in front of the postman.........who does that???

When i asked them if that would have enabled me to get full compensation back (£500) they said NO as there was no proof the camcorder was originally in the box.

In other words the service i paid for wasn't worth the paper it was wrote on as you are only covered for the TOTAL LOSS of the packet, not any contents. I appealed through Postwatch, the government regulated service that is meant to deal with incidents like this but still got nowhere.

Does anyone know if i could claim through the Small Claims Court or is it too late now?

I sent a camcorder by Special Delivery with enhanced compensation 2 years ago that was delivered the next day but with the camcorder missing. The box had obviously been tampered with and restuck down with brown tape and my signature forged over the joins. When i put in a claim for total loss Royal Mail said that all they're contracted to do is get a signature on delivery. They claimed the package should have been opened on delivery in front of the postman.........who does that???

When i asked them if that would have enabled me to get full compensation back (£500) they said NO as there was no proof the camcorder was originally in the box.

In other words the service i paid for wasn't worth the paper it was wrote on as you are only covered for the TOTAL LOSS of the packet, not any contents. I appealed through Postwatch, the government regulated service that is meant to deal with incidents like this but still got nowhere.

Does anyone know if i could claim through the Small Claims Court or is it too late now?

my advice would be to sue. in my case, i was being fobbed off by 'customer services' every week, but when they recieved notice of litigation they couldnt contact me quickly enough to settle.

its the only language they understand ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

btw, what about the weight of the package? doesnt that prove that there was SOMETHING in the package when it was posted?

post office WON 12/11/06

i am a 'he' btw!

clanger are you going to sue?

if you are undecided, bear this in mind; in my opinion, if a person takes the time and trouble (not to mentiion cost) to sue someone, there is a good chance that they have a legitimate beef with that someone

the worst that can happen is that you will lose the cost of suing (£30 i think), the best is a full refund.

just think how many golf lessons that will buy!!!

post office WON 12/11/06