the landlord wants more money for outstanding lease payment for the business rent to the landlord when the business seized.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi am new to this site, need help and advice 

after receiving a letter from the landlord solicitor, for outstanding lease payment for the business rent to the landlord when the business seized.

i had to pay full lease rent for early closer which was £29k.

after some discussion an  agreement was made to pay £20K5 over 19 and half months, if any instalment missed or not paid without notifying the creditor then full payment of £29k will be charged.

after successfully managed to pay off the owed money now the landlord wants another £8500 more for not complying to the agreement, according to him i paid couple of payments late.in an agreement

he said if i missed any or late payment without consulting him then full payment  of £29k has to be paid.

on one accession i had difficulty for payment and contacted the landlord and was greed it will be ok. this is a shell shock after clearing the dept

i thought i was clear until this bombshell.

any help and advice will be appreciated thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to the landlord wants more money for outstanding lease payment for the business rent to the landlord when the business seized.

pers id ignore him just being greedy.

let him try court.

was this a written and signed agreement?

dx

moved to the landlord forum title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and this 'clause' is mentioned.

how late were you , and he says 2?

he would be very silly to try anything on this.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes the clause is mentioned  one payment only. but thats all i missed . there was one payment on the last day of the month  through the bank but in his account it was 3 days late he said he received and the one he is saying i defaulted the agreement.

Edited by imly

ignore him.

dx

and they

Do you think the LL will be able to show there was more than the one, (agreed / advised in text message) late payment once the agreement for repayment of arrears was in place : if so, will they be able to claim you didn’t advise them of that / those late payment?

(If you are saying there was only the one late payment : it follows you can’t have advised them of any other late payments!)

So, it’ll come down to if their bank statements show any other late payments! (what do you think the LL’s bank statements will show?), as well as the communications between you ; the LL will have the text messages as well?.

Have you asked them why they believe other payments were late and checked when those ones left your account?

Edited by BazzaS

there was only one late payment and that was agreed with ll, i have proof of this when i text him that i will pay 2 months installment together as he was out of country and he acknowledged with text reply which i have saved. the other one  it was paid on the last day of the month and  and he says it arrived 3 days after. apart from that there were no late payment.