Hire company Issues

cocobliss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hired some equipment which was all fine until I accidentally missed a payment due to my debit card details needing to be changed.

The company concerned then started harassing me, sending text messages threatening to send the bailiffs, calling multiple times a day while I was at work, emailing etc.

I answered the phone and told her I could make the payment on Tuesday 31st Oct and could they send me a link or a webform or similar as I don't give my dc details over the phone - she said no! Yet they could take initial payment that way.

She rang on the 24th October wanting payment again, then her partner starts messaging to the point I had to block him and divert calls.

I emailed them and told them to pick up their equipment which he has done this evening.

On collecting the equipment he gave me a 'High Court Enforcement Group' Card saying I had to ring them to pay £76 plus 'associated fees' or there will be a ccj etc, indicating that they have already passed this on with no notice whatsoever.

Can they do this?

Any help appreciated

Coco

bailiffs can never be involved on any debt until its been to court and you lose the court case and dont pay within 1 cal month.

HCE will be acting for him as a mere DCA (debt collection agency) 

a DCA is not a bailiff

and have zero legal on any debt no matter whats it's type.

simply ignore them until or unless you ever get a letter of claim with a reply pack containing an i&E form etc

then pop back here and we'll deal with them.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep don't get conned by a DCA. ...ever on ANY debt no matter what it is..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please can you scan the card up here so that we can see exactly what you have received