Me and my debts

Hi all,

Not sure if this should be in Legal forum, 10k debt defaulted around 2021, virgin credit card 

Arrow global, got passed to drydensfairfax. Got LBA around mid 2022. Sent back Income and Outgoings, on universal credit, advised around £4 per month spare, and that have health issues and not worked since around 2020 advising should just write the debt off (had been in hospital for 4 months and suffered nerve damage in back and legs).

They come back and said: to consider balance write off please provide doctors letter stating how health issues affects you on daily basis. Advised will try and get doctors appointment. Took months and months to get one as GPs is terrible. 

Finally got docs to agree to a letter last month, advising will be £20. Advised Drydens (have been keeping in contact with them every 2 weeks since the LBA) of the cost and that I can hardly afford, said if I muster it together then what is the actual likelihood of it being accepted as balance write off as I don't want to waste that much, they emailed back a few days later:

"Please note this account is closed with ourselves"

And that "any future correspondence should be sent to: [and gave CapQuest physical address]"

And that was it.

Not sure whether I should contact them first. Bit worried as still technically at LBA level?

Haven't received anything from CapQuest at all (been about a month). Is this an assignment over to them? Unsure of what to do.

(Have 3 other defaults which I have not contacted since defaulting, but no LBAs/much else from them. Total 35k cc, looked into the DRO but advice center said it's over 30k so can't do anything about that at all).

Not sure if I should contact all and go down the doctor's letter route and try and get it written off...

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrow/Capquest/Drydens PAPLOC - Old Virgin Credit Card debt

please list your debts:

original creditor

when taken out

defaulted date

last payment date

who owns the debt now

capquest/drydens/arrows are all part of the arrows group.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has 

ZERO powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type.

you should NOT be giving pers medical info to a dca nor their wolves..NONE of their ruddy business!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

MBNA - Link Fin.  10k (2017 - default 2021) Last Payment: ~4 months before default - Have not contacted them since, received phone calls, odd letter.

Lloyds Bank - Link Fin.   5k (2016 - default 2021) Last Payment: ~4 months before default - Have not contacted them since, received phone calls, odd letter.

Virgin - Arrow   11k (2016 - default 2021) LAst Payment: ~4 months before default - Was passed to Drydens, who sent LBA. Replied with medical issues, on Universal Credit, £4 spare per month. They advised send doctors stamped letter for them to consider write off, I said it will cost me £20, they said account closed with them, and future correspondence to CapQuest. Not heard from CapQuest yet.

Nationwide - Zinc?   8k (2015 - default 2021) Last Payment: ~4 months before default  - Have not contacted them since, received phone calls, odd letter.

Have CreditKarma and Money Supermarket apps.

Currently at new address and getting Royal Mail forwarding. Problem is Forwarding runs out in February (think I'm in its 4th year) and worried if any LBA/CCJ arrives will miss it so don't know whether to contact the other ones or not w/ new address/balance write off request.

Thanks again.

you must write to all your debt owners simply stating note my present and current new address.

use their ref number and state whom was the original creditor, what type od=f credit it was and the oc's  acciunt number

ignore everyone until or unless you ever get  letter of claim.

then as you have now - eventually!, pop back here.

if you hit letter of claim  - for your ref, it shows you how to react properly to them. most certainly never ever get into protracted discussions most certainly not by email text or phone, block them all , never respond, writing only..

you are lucky someones not gone for a backdoor ccj as court envelopes typically state do not redirect and royal mail by habit, never do regardless.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

correct

phone calls are not admittance, but you dont talk to dca's now anymore...do you!:pound:

read a good few threads here the same forum you started this topic in.

dx

and they

Hi again is this letter format OK for each of the 4 companies?:

To:

Zinc Credit Management

4 Elm Court

Stratford Upon Avon

CV37 6PA 

Dear Sir/Madam: 

RE:  [CREDIT CARD NUMBER / REF HERE / ORIGINAL OWNER ETC]

This letter serves solely as an update of the postal address on this account, to: 

{ my

Current address

Here}

“MY NAME HERE”

zinc dont buy debts who are THEIR STATED CLIENT

the address letters MUST go to the DEBT OWNERS.

and they

then read zincs letter carefully again as it MUST state our client is......

so you've never told nationwide you'd moved from the address they have on record for when you took it out?
dx

and they

:whistle:

and they

• 2 months later...

Sent letters as detailed above.

UPDATE:

Letter received at new address from MoorCroft in regards to "MBNA account owned by LINK", (looks like they are dealing with one of the link accounts) saying:

"We have a personal matter with the above named person and have been informed this is their new address. If you are this person please call us on xxxxxxxx, also if you are not this person it is important you call us at this number also so we can update our records".

Just ignore until a LBA/LOC is received?

Thanks.

moorcroft dont buy debts ignore ..PAPLOC yes 

and they

UPDATE:

Nationwide have written back stating:

"Change of address - further action required - we're unable to change your details and update of address as we cannot locate you from the information provided...please call us on..."

Apparently they can't locate me from the old Credit Card Number I sent.

Maybe write again this time, and include old address and the Zinc reference number?

Thanks

no let 'em get on with it.

dx

• Haha 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Me and my debts
  • 2 months later...

Thanks.

managed to get my address updated at 3 of the 4 creditors.

Nationwide still refusing to update my address unless I call and confirm my identity so still working on that.

But now Moorcroft (one of the Link-owned ones) has sent a letter saying "we have asked out local representative to call at your home *REP. NAME AND I.D. NUMBER* to attempt to call on *DATE*" the idea of the visit will be to assist you in making contact with head office" etc etc.

I didn't think they still did this.

are they just threatening to get me to call?

Have you heard of this actually happening recently?

Thanks.

Ignore moorcroft totally.

If someone turns up at your door record them and ask them to leave. Do not otherwise engage.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 07/01/2024 at 03:01, dx100uk said:

moorcroft dont buy debts ignore 

On 22/10/2023 at 02:06, dx100uk said:

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has 

ZERO powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type.

dx

• Like 1

and they