MET PCN - overstay 1hrs (112mins) - Starbucks 346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I recently received on the post a Notice to Keeper from MET parking services. I need help.

Date of the infringement 14th August

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]  17th August 

3 Date received I moved so this was addressed to my previous home, I only took possession of it today, 13th September

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? two photographs, one in and one out

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No, that's why I'm here

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]  346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. They mention POPLA

They claim that I stayed on the parking for more than 60 minutes, which is the limit and because I parked for 112 minutes I breached the terms and conditions.

I have to say, I was on Starbucks the entire 112 minutes and I didn't see any sign anywhere saying I could only park 60minutes.

Also, the park was pretty much empty all the time. 

The PCN was addressed to my wife, who was inside a plane at that time. 

They want £100 which is ridiculous.

What do I do? 

Many thanks

This is a well-known scam site.

Don't worry, because it is s scam site, the fleecers threaten this and threaten that but hardly ever do court, because they know they would lose.

Can you please post up the invoice they sent you?

Just to set your mind further at rest, I've just looked at our threads for this site - not all, I stopped after the first 50 - and in 49 cases MET bottled it and never took the motorist to court.  In only one case did they start a small claims case, and that is because the person naively went through the charlatans' crooked appeals procedure and made a lot of admissions that they shouldn't have done.

1.  Please let us see the invoice.

2.  Read this thread, do what the poster did, and see if your wife can get Starbucks to cancel.  But do not out the driver.  Instead of writing "my husband parked" write "the driver parked" IYSWIM  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/455021-met-parking-services-southgate-park-stansted-left-southgate-park-premises-cancelled-by-euro-garagesstarbucks/#comment-5199649

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to MET PCN - overstay 1hrs (112mins) - Starbucks 346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY