Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...by sending the s10 notice are we saying that we do not expect them to process our data or pass it on to anyone else? Can you say EXACTLY ( sorry!) what you expect of your S10 request? ta....

.. and how do you expect them to respond to your S10 request?....

I am asking this so that others may get an idea of what we are trying to do here.. Under the Data Protection act, as outlined in the Surleybonds thread, you (we) are entitled to have a say in who is allowed to process your data other than for specific purposes such as is would be in the public interest... criminal records, bankruptcy, ccj's which are all recorded by the courts... anything else such as credit history one has the right to determine how that data is used and passed on and what we are trying to do is stop the Debt Recovery agencies from using our Data willy - nilly and passing it around the Credit Reference agencies and to other companies in the Cabot Group or elsewhere come to that WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION - is that what you are saying Terminator?

What, as mentioned above, do you expect Mr W.W to reply with ?

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure but I can say that if a company loses it's companies house number through liquidation etc the directors are not allowed to enter the same trade again,but I also know people have got round this by appointing new directors. Either way Mr Maynard and Co will probably still be around under some name for years to come. But then again if enough people complain he could well end end up being chased by a DCA for bankruptcy (thats the only DCA you would love to be in charge of)!

They'll have a big job on their hands hiding from we Caboteers wherever they trade throughout Europe. And yes Seahorse our little 'friend' can supply intimate details - & you know where to find the results!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Come on guys, does it matter what FG stands for ?

To set the record straight, I am not a disgruntled employee. I like the company I work for.

I just thought, I could add some input into some of the threads. So please don't flame me

CabotFG, thank you for coming to the forum. As Rhia say's you are more than welcome and we appreciate your input. Cabot have, as you have now established from the humour on here, been the bain of many peoples lives and on a more sensible note ( DM & Seahorse take note!) there are many issues being discussed. We already have a contact within who uses the PM system on the Forum to maintain confidentiality and I would welcome you to use this if you wish to answer questions of a more serious note. There are many bank workers who give a considerable amount of assistance without giving away their identity and the one thing we do ( despite the recklessness of our humour sometimes), is respect the fact that this is your job and to venture into an open forum needs to be treated with respect. I offer you the PM route via myself or any other active member on the Cabot forum you feel you can trust to channel your thoughts in the full knowledge that your input is and will be treated with that utmost security and respect.

Sarah.

• Haha 1

Better than that, there are some very pertinent points in this thread here. Some of which might be useful to include in my own letter. I'm glad I haven't sent it yet, as this Damo writes an excellent letter, and puts things so much better than me...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/85254-link-financial-their-tricks-2.html#post774365

What interests me about this chaps/lassie's thread is that the claim from Link is for charges made by GE Money. I thought it was well understood that charges should be claimed from the original creditor, even though the debt was assigned/sold. Any thoughts...?

..too right, and I remembered from way, way back that this argument as to who was now responsible for repaying the charges once the debt was sold created some heavy debate, but trying to find it now is nigh impossible and I don';t really know what or if any defined outcome resulted. I'll try and dig some out if I can, but wouldn't I just love to present Cabot with all the charges - Pure bliss - teach them to be so cock-sure about themselves.

Sarah

Sorry to bother you but i dont know how to start my own thread and i have just recieved my credit agreement from Monument. It is a reply card with my husbands signiture on it. it also says where he signs that he has read condition 22 on the T & C but the seperate t & c's they have sent only goes to 15.14.Can anybody help please. Thanks

To start your own thread go back to the main forum introduction page and go down the page until you find Debt Collection Agencies about half way downhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

then scroll down and you'll notice a button on the left hand side about an inch long which says ' new thread' press that and it will ask you to name it alamand vs monument or whatever then post your issues and people will come to your aide.

• 1 month later...

Quoted from the letter received by Seahorse above:

Seahorse:

"OK. Here's me been kicked off the boat for a couple of days while they do some techie stuff for a couple of days. Sooo..." Sooo...indeed Seahorse, firstly I believe you should inform the honest citizens of the CAG forum of exactly what you were doing to be kicked off !:D

Secondly: and I think I've posted this somewhere else, but here we go no harm in affording the other victims of the ' Cabot ' PR machine the benefits of our findings:

"Please also be advised that when your account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, all personal data relating to your account was passed from the asignor, Barclaycard, to Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited in order to process. Therefore no data was passed to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited to Cabot and as previously re-iterated it is only Cabot (? which Cabot?) that processes personal data." ...So, what they are saying (Cabot Europe to Seahorse) is that Barclaycard assign the debt to one company - Cabot Financial (UK)Ltd, but bypass that company altogether (so Cabot Financial(UK)Ltd won't actually know what accounts they have had assigned to them because no data finds its way to them) Barclaycard then, pass all your Data directly to a totally separate Limited Company to whom the debt was not assigned called Cabot Financial (Europe)Ltd and they do all the processing. They have spelled that out very clearly here wouldn't you agree?

Then it follows on by saying:

"Furthermore, we have included for your reference the updated terms and conditions,from Barclaycard. You shall note that your personal data may be passed to a third party to whom Barclaycard assign any of their rights and/or duties to.

Say's it all doesn't it?. They really do not understand what they are doing or why, and unfortunately for them it is not me but a Judge who they will have to answer to.

People being contacted and chased by Cabot for alleged debts they have had ' assigned' must begin taking notes, just as I mentioned in tbern123's thread.

Inconsistencies in detail from Cabot has exposed the real FACTS about the confusion their own staff have over the way these accounts have both been assigned or purchased.

You have to challenge everything they do or at the very least question everthing because it is only for a few of us stripping each and every word they write, like this above I have picked out of Seahorse's letters from them that we are getting to the bottom of this.

The result will be a better, cleaner industry, we won't get rid of them altogether ( we are not slacking Mr M, so don't get complacent, we haven't finished with you yet) but we can make them understand they can not get away with things the way they have.

Sarah

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..

The previous terms and conditions say rights and duties... Now, where have I heard that phrase before.

Oh yeah silly me, Section 189 of the CCA 1974

They just keep setting them up and I keep knocking them down

I think it was Aktiv said it :D

/

• 2 weeks later...
And if it ruins someones day down at Cabot Towers, then it's another small victory in the ongoing war to try to get them to act in a lawful, instead of just plain awful, way.

Now Seahorse, why on earth would you want to spoil anyones day? :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
The Cabot Fan Club should be raised to the status of a Community Service.

Cabots must be reeling form the continual bombardment of the CFC. I bet there is photograph of every CFC member on teh staf room dart board and behind Mr Maynards office door, so when it is closed he can practice his dart throwing

.. but he doesn't know who most of us are :D :D :D

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I've had a private PM saying that ( & he's a he not a she) he is a senior member of the CSA. Can't say any more on open forum, but I've confirmed it to be so.

Welcome KMC Towers perhaps we can get into some kind of dialogue? PM again we are open to speak.

Sarah

• Haha 1

Sarah, hope she said it was ok for you to let us know who she worked for. If not she has just been outed. oops. Not to worry we wouldn't dare share any of KMC personal data with third parties, they don't do that with ours!!!!!:D

Sadly, no HE didn't, but I know anyway and cannot breach the confidentiality requested if we found out (Which being a fan clubber is to be expected :D )

This is getting interesting and will be a great help to the inquiries we are making.

Worry not Mr Towers, you are safe with us ;)

Sarah

I don't suppose this guy told you his christian name. I've got a funny feeling I used to work with him a long time ago. If he's an ex civil servant I definitely know him!

Sorry Joe, can't go there, but he's in good hands :D

Credit Services Association?

Ken Maynard is the Chairman, I think?

welcome to the csa group

i guess you lot knew that already, no?

You're talking about the Cabot Fan Club here - course we know! Dare you even think about questioning it?:D We know more about them than even they do and I kid you not :D and they don't like it either...Do you Mr Maynard?

Watch this space..... it's gonna get even better! ;)

I think Mr Towers has just lost his job cos the CSA are looking:

Vacancy in Newcastle:

"Credit Services Association Manager Vacancy"

The Credit Services Association (CSA), the only national trade association representing the credit services industry, seeks a dynamic, forward looking Association Manager.

With over 300 national and international members, plus over 50 members of the debt buyers and sellers group (DBSG), the Association Manager will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the overall aims and manifesto of the Association.

Based in the CSA Executive office in Newcastle upon Tyne, and reporting to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record at senior level within the debt collection or the consumer credit industry and have an interest and good understanding of industry legislation and regulatory bodies. "

I think we all on CAG should apply ! Personally interviewed by Herr Maynard no doubt :D

P.S. Actually, I know one or two who would qualify, tbern fancy relocating?

Thanks for the quick reply.

My situation is that I have CCA'd both Cabot and Barclays and they both have come up with nothing. Yesterday I sent my court claim in for Barclays which includes charges and default. I am currently reading through your posts to see where to go with Cabot. Looks like you've been doing some extremely valuable work. Well done.

Valuable yes - but costs you nothing - such is his generous nature and love for all things Cabot he's such a fan :D

• 4 weeks later...
The LPA is only the vehicle used to assign the debt. It has no other relevance, other than the question of whether the assignment was equitable or absolute. If equitable (as they hint, because they claim the duties have not been transferred), then any action that they might contemplate requires them to have the original creditor join them in that action.

Otherwise, it is an absolute assignment. In which case, rights AND duties are tranferred. And, I suspect, allows the debtor to chase THEM for any unlawful penalties and the like. Can't remember where I saw it, but there has ben at least one instance where someone tried to take the original creditor to court for repayment of penalties, and was told by the judge that the new owner of the account is the one who should have been claimed against.

I've seen a couple of actual deeds of assignment, and it is clear from those that indeed, rights and duties are assigned, therefore it is absolute. There also appears to be written in that, if the original creditor has sold the new owner a crock of sh1t, the new owner has the right to chase the OC as a result.

Which begs the question. Why don't the likes of Cabot, when faced with an unenforceable agreement, or otherwise un - collectible debt, not go back to the OC and demand their money back? Or would they rather harass poor old Joe Blogs into submission, than risk biting the hand that feeds them?

You decide. ;)

You may recall SH from a clause in the Sales agreement documents we acquired :D between Kingshill No1 Ltd aka Cabot Financial UK Ltd and the various banks and Credit Card companies like MBNA that when the debt is sold there is a 9 month period after the 'assignment' in which the new owner (Cabot in this case) has the option to resell the debt back to the OC. After that they are on their own to take the losses from the wonderful crock of sh1t they bought.