Evri lost my Ebay parcel £844 - court claim issued

new subheading under paragraph 25 – The defendant is fully aware of third party beneficiaries

new paragraph 26 Any denial by the defendant that they are unaware of the existence of third party beneficiaries to their contract with Packlink would be quite untrue.
The defendant routinely sends out notifications to parcel recipients informing them the parcel which they are carrying on behalf of the broker is about to be delivered.
Please find examples at – bundle X X X, X X X

26. 1)
In the absence of any explanation the defendant’s denial should be disregarded.  but in any event,

If you have a look at the pinned thread at the top of this sub- forum relating to third-party rights, you will find several examples of notifications which have been sent by EVRi to the recipients of parcels warning them that their parcel which is being carried on behalf of QVC, Packlink – et cetera is due to be delivered.

I suggest that you use a couple of these as examples of how EVRi is completely aware that there are third-party beneficiaries involved. If EVRi tried to say – "yes, we knew that there was a recipient that we had no idea that there was a sender…" Well, could they really be that stupid?

I suggest you incorporate that, make the tweaks which have been suggested by @jk2054 and that's it.

That would probably be the final version. You've worked hard on it – but hopefully the constant repetition will mean that you are absolutely fluent if it actually goes to court.

EVRi are watching this of course and I don't really expect they are looking forward to having a judgement on this against them so I can imagine that they might reach out to you before the trial and make an offer.

Have you paid the hearing fee yet? I don't think you have. I can imagine that they are waiting to see if you pay the hearing fee so they know that you are serious.

Of course is not guaranteed but I would expect that they will try to prevent this going to trial.

You should hold out for every penny. And if they want to make an offer to you under conditions of confidentiality then you should refuse. Confidentiality is not part of the claim. That something extra.

If they try to impose a condition of confidentiality then you should tell them that this would cost them extra. I would say thousand pounds is probably cheap for the trouble that a judgement against them will cause them.

Keep us updated of any approaches by EVRi – either on the forum – or by email if you prefer to admin email address.

Let's see your final version

• Thanks 1

@jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft.

On 15/04/2024 at 09:45, jk2054 said:

Also I'm not sure why you have put your issues in dispute as part of your witness statement. I would be putting this as a seperate page before your witness statement.

Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS.

This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages.

Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email.

I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back.

@BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice). 

I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri.

If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post.

Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf

Thanks, please monitor for a reply tomorrow

Posted (edited)

Call 0300 123 5577  for hearing fee

press option one everytime

max 15m wait

Edited by jk2054

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

@jk2054 thanks for sharing that number. I called it today and was informed that they are not linked with Leicester County Court so they cannot take payment.

I've been referred back to Leicester County Court to make the trial fee payment.

Deadline is in just over 2 weeks to pay the trial fee (10 May).

Sending another email now to Leicester County Court asking for a call back, and am also calling them hoping to get through to an operator.

Do you have a chequebook?

(I know its old)

Also are you free anytime between 10-4 M-F

I know its not ideal

Edited by jk2054

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yea the counter is open 10-4 apparently

but in reality

if you go to the court and go to secuirty just refuse to go away and ask them to call the civil team

they will eventually

and they'll take the payment

• Thanks 1

Yes, now its just about getting the WS / Court bundle finalised to send to the court / Evri.

I've attached the most recent version of the WS / Court bundle to save having to scroll back up to the previous post (#204) where it was also shared. If you, @BankFodder or anyone else has any feedback on this, i'd be grateful for your thoughts.

In my previous post #204, i'd also attached an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at Her mes - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender [origin] and the recipient [destination] - I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice. 

I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (the sender / recipient) is involved in this transaction.

I have also attached this redacted invoice in this post to save having to scroll back up. Happy to get any thoughts and if this invoice is no good, then please let me know.

Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf

Edited by occysrazor

Sorry, I may have forgot to get back on this. Please monitor for a reply tomorrow

• Like 1