JimmyVonK V Halifax Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I've been trawling through the forums and FAQ since last Friday after my Wife highlighted the BBC article which led me to this site.

I was straight on the phone to the Halifax and ordered my statements for the past 6 years, £5 - they were asking what I wanted them for but just said I needed them. Hopefully will be here soon.

There's so much info here, but luckily it's the slowdown to Christmas at work so have plenty of time for study. ;)

I have the usual problems, DD goes out and takes me £2 over my overdraft, £30 DD clearing fee, £28 over overdraft fee... next month I'm £60 worse off on an already tight budget. More charges.

Now it's payback time. :)

I'll keep you informed on progress, after my bank account next targets are my Halifax and Egg credit cards.

All the best to you all!

Jimmy

its ok to ring them, but if i were you i'd send the SAR request letter in the template library (link in my signature) the template letter has all the legal jargon and allows 40days for your to receive this information ie statements. good luck

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Jimmy - best to follow the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html and send them the letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

If they later claim they have not had your request, and they are known to lose these things, then at least you have some documentation to fall back on. Once issued they have 40 days to comply.

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hello Sarah,

I'm gonna give them till the new year before I take any further action anyway, but if the statements are not here by then I will send the S.A.R. as suggested.

You never know, they promised I'd have them within a week... :rolleyes:

Hello Sarah,

I'm gonna give them till the new year before I take any further action anyway, but if the statements are not here by then I will send the S.A.R. as suggested.

You never know, they promised I'd have them within a week... :rolleyes:

proceed with your claim as you see fit but bear in mind, we have all had responses like that- promises that are not honoured. The banks often do that. Hillards has got it right about letters being traceable especially if they are sent recorded (it only costs £1) also it gives you a clear date to start your claim. Its what i would reccomend and i'm feeling pretty clever at the moment as i have just been settled by abbey and was out spending it today! Good luck!

• Haha 1

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Yes, I paid for mine by Postal Order - as I don't seem to have a bank account any more!

Get the Post Office to make it payable to Halifax PLC, use the main Trinty Road address in Halifax:

HBOS PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 months later...

Hi jimmyvonk,

As far as I'm aware, yes, you can claim the Interest Debited - notified last month...I seem to have read at least a couple of threads where this had been added on.

My claim was filed with MCOL on Monday gone!! Just counting the days down now!!

Good Luck!! :)

• Haha 1

Cheers,

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you can, but can I find it now... not a chance. :)

Thanks for that.

So looks like we issued MCol at the same time, let's see who gets paid out first! :)

Good Luck!

Sorry to ask again,

Is the Interest Debited - Notified last Month always collectable, even if you have an authorised overdraft wich I guess they would charge interest on...

Sorry to ask again but if someone can confirm I would be thankfull (don't want to start off on the wrong foot and all):confused: