Advantage finance HP. car was abandoned? whilst i was in prison . it was not ! taking them to court in march - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I entered into a Hire Purchase agreement for Land rover Freelander  for £18,715.08. Although the actual price was only £11,000, and I gave out my own car as part exchange, £1,100 cash deposit and was reduced to only £9,750.

I was advised by their representative that the service/goods would include:

1. A £360.21 pounds cash back every month for 47 payments

2. A penalty of £12 for processing unpaid scheduled

3.Final one-off payment of £535.21

Copies on page 10-14

I have already paid, £15,859.24. that is 92% of the total amount. Only £1,140.76 was left to pay off. I was paying religiously without any default at all. 

On the 17th of December 2019, I was arrested for disqualified driving and car was taken away by Police, and Advantage finance were contacted in December 2019 to collect the car, as the car was not yet fully paid off since I was deprived the right of my car as I was being sentence to prison.

I got a letter Advantage finance sent letting me know that the car was in safe storage I should not worry and they carried on taking money from my account even though the car was in their custody. my wife requested if she could collect the car because I was in prison and not in the position of talking with them, but coming out early.

THEIR STAFF said she will need a letter from me authorising her to collect the car.  When my Partner told me I said to her in 6 days I will be out by the time the letter arrived I would have been out because in prison the protocol to get out to write and send letters is too long.

I came out of prison I called Advantage finance THEY said the car was abandon and they didn’t know I was coming out so soon, the car has been sold there is nothing I can do about it, I should take the offer of £1,574.37 and I refused. NOW I TOOK THEM TO COURT.

What advice can you give me ,

do i qualify for a total money i have paid or not.

what would be my grounds to get my £15,859.24.

I am so depressed the court is coming soon in March.

Please i need your advice.

• dx100uk changed the title to Advantage finance HP. car was abandoned? whilst i was in prison . it was not ! taking them to court in march - help

have you proof in writing that your wife informed them you were to be released on xxx date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes they even acknowledge that yes my wife called but that the car was sold that day my wife called. 

Yet there is a letter they wrote before that if you had paid 50% they cannot take your goods without ur consent. 

no its 1/3rd

look at your agreement 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i doubt it 

you'd have to see what their t&C's say about abandonment, though like moneybarn advantage tend to make their own rules up.

i dont think they have broken the agreement to the extent of voiding it under the consumer credit act.

though you could push for more in the way of a mutual settlement.

and they

So you were driving the car at the time you were arrested which ultimately resulted in prison?

You do also realise it's their car until the agreement is completed?

Dx

and they

:whistle:

and they