Contacting HMRC after a Stroke

Philx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a stroke couple of years ago. Made a decent recovery my Achilles heel is negotiating sites. I’ve spent all morning looking for help for people with issues like mine . There doesn’t appear to be a helpline. I need to speak to a human. I’ve only got some basic questions. Anyone got a decent phone number.

I’ve been talking to other companies with success but the site to me seems impenetrable.

Depends on what the subject matter is.

Self assessment contact number 0300 200 3310

Income tax 0300 200 3300

Tax credits 0345 300 3900

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for reply but the problem is I can clearly explain my issue tax rebate. But I need to explain the issue verbally. They even have a list of phone numbers to help people in my position . But it does not include the option to actually speak to someone.

over the last month I have successfully negotiated with OVO , Sky no catches It took a while . 
The only way was able to achieve it was through conversation.

im doing really well but I get neurone pathway confused with forms and the like. 

I phoned Stepchange and Payplan and were hugely patronising and would only help if I followed their exact template. .

Trouble is if you have a brain issue people assume you’re retarded.

My expert treatment includes rerouting the neurone pathways and even grow new ones sounds nuts I know but he used to work for NATO.

lot of my family are military 

Can be difficult to speak to any company or organisation on the telephone, as they are not user friendly.  The way they are set up appears to be designed to reduce number of phone calls they receive.

But it does appear that 0300 200 3300 is the correct number to call.

There is a webchat option on the extra support team page of the HMRC website, so you may be able to ask for HMRC to contact you via this.

WWW.GOV.UK

Ask HMRC for help if you need extra support because of your condition or circumstances, including if you have difficulty using the telephone or need information in another format

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread