Impacted by new electricity supply being routed in my area road to be closed which will add 5 mile to my taxi journey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title states my area will be impacted by a road closures, for the instalment of electricity supply to a new housing estate.

The road closure will add a further 5 mile on the taxi journey for shopping.

No buses are running in my area.

I am wheelchair bound my wife goes to the shops 3 or 4 times a week to collect shopping prescriptions etc.

The taxi fare will go from £5.80 to £10 due to the extra 5 miles detour.

The housing company WHARFDALE HOMES have informed me no compensation will be paid for the extra taxi fare.

Just wondered if Anyone has any idea of who I can contact in regard to my problem thanks.

nothing anyone needs to do.

why do you think anyone owes you extra money 'because' theres a new electric line going in.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

people with cars will have to drive around the 5 mile detour. my wife who doesn't drive will have to pay  twice as much for the taxi fare. the council in there wisdom removed the bus service.

Obviously I don't know where you live and I'm not a wheelchair user. If this happened to me, I would get myself to somewhere I could meet up with the taxi and take the normal route after that.

Could you do something like that? What are your neighbours doing?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

so what?

everyone too will have increased costs 

theres no recourse what makes you think there is?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I am afraid there is nothing you can do about this as the supplier installing the new electrical network would have got planning permission for these works for the road being dug up, diversions etc. It is essential works that are being carried out and will impact everyone in that area until the works are complete.

You should more than likely have got a letter from the company carrying out the works explaining whats being done/for how long and a customer care number if any issues.

As for compensation even being disabled sadly the answer is NO

I am Disabled myself and a wheelchair user and last November 2022 my entire street was dug up the entire month as the Gas Network were replacing the old metal pipe with new pipes right outside the front of my property, road dug up, barriers in place, difficult for me to get out even in my car from my driveway.

That was until I politely point out my issue to them and they were very helpful in putting a metal plate over dug up area, moving barriers when I needed to get out and back in.

Would I be entitled to compensation NO as it is Essential Works and they had Planning Permission from the Council

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group