Unauthorised Fee Charge increase from Numonday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Numonday are a UK based alternative to Etsy that (appear to) offer a better service

Opened an account with them 1 month ago at £3 per month

Price gets bumped up to £10 per month (without informing me)

Down the bottom in the Terms Of Use:

Terms of Use | Numonday

"2. Numonday retains the right to modify the legal terms and fee policy at any time without notice."

Does "fee policy" include the amount?

Whether they are legally in the right or this behaviour from them is downright unethical and tantamount to fraud (in my view)

If they fail to refund me (which I am expecting because this is what others have said and they just suspended me from their facebook account) where do I stand?

Is there a minimum subscription period

There is no minimum subscription fee and you can close your account at anytime.

If you decide to close your account you will not be entitled to a refund for the remaining time not used on our platform.

Numonday does not provide refunds.

Can I cancel anytime?

Yes, you can close your account at anytime with the simple click of a button.

basket are accurate stated when you go to pay.

Fees

1. You agree to pay the full amount of our subscriptions fees as outlined on our site at the time of sign up.

2. Failure to make payment within the timeframe provided will lead to your account being closed automatically without notice 30 days after the date the payment was originally due.

3. You agree to pay the payment processing fees as outlined by our secure payment provider, Stripe.

4. Our fees are either £10 per month, £25 per 3 months, £45 per 6 months, £70 per year or £140 for a Lifetime Membership.

4. Lifetime memberships are one-off payments and not subject to recurring fees, or any fee changes other than the terms signed up to at the time of sign up.

https://www.numonday.com/legal/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Unauthorised Fee Charge increase from Numonday

That's what it says NOW Andyorch - but it was £3 per month when I signed up (seemed like a good deal and a better alternative to Etsy)

They bumped all the fees up >300%. I think this was the plan - to lure people to sign up in the run up to Xmas and then Boom! Up goes the price. I don't think this is the first time they've done thie either judging by the reviews. 

They have refunded me now though and I have told them where they can stick it

Interested to know where "the consumer" stands legally on issues like this?

"Always read the small print" 

If a company states that they can change fees etc are they allowed to just whack them up as much as that, without even informing their subscribers?