www.RUDYCATS.CO.UK - Rudycats maine coons - paid deposit for breeding Age Cat - not got it! - Want deposit back - court time?

Herbs73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the end of last year we sadly lost our maincoon cat to a genetic heart condition.

After much deliberation we found Rudycatsmaincoon (which is a registered limited company) who billed themselves as responsible breeders that didnt sell kittens with genetic problems, We paid a deposit of £195,

In March my wife wanted to buy a breeding cat instead which they promised to mentor us through the process with the cat delivered in 6 months, but we had to pay a further £305.

The agreed date of receiving the cat in early September came and went and we messaged them asking what was happening and we were offered a kitten , we reminded them that we had paid an extra amount for a full grown breeding cat and that was the last we have heard from them. 

They have since had some bad press about selling sick cats and a lot of people are posting on a face book page that have lost their deposits. We have contacted them several times to ask for our deposit back but have not had any response. 

I have contacted our bank but as we paid by bank transfer they cant help.

What should our next course of action be?

TIA 

Martin

Need to act quickly, as they may simply close the company down and you will then have difficulty getting anything back.

If they have definitely not fulfilled the contract, then issue a letter before action giving them 21 days to fulfill the contact as agreed or refund the money paid to date (state the sum). If they do neither or these actions, then issue a County Court claim using the MCOL process.  This won't necessarily lead to you achieving a satisfactory outcome, as they may not be in a position to settle. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you sue them for the deposit

read evri threads

there you'll see the whole process inc letter of claim examples and court stuff. its the same process..

just be SURE who you raise the claim against.

ensure they are Not also either a ltd company or a T/A name or a sole trader business too rather than just individuals.

you must get the name(s) right for your court claim.

who on your bank transfer is named? that might help you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We seem to have lost Herbs for now. It would be helpful to have confirmation about the website.

Assuming I have the right company, a word of caution about whom to sue as there are two companies with similar names and the same director.

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges, business...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes, that's the website I linked to; thank you.

Did you deal with Jessica Beckwith at all? As I said, she has two companies with similar names at the moment; which makes things a bit more complicated if you sue.

I see that they say they're members of various organisations. I don't know all of them but I do know that the GCCF is the equivalent of the Kennel Club for dogs. I would be talking to them.

We are members of TICA, CFA, ICW, CFF and GCCF.

There's a member here called @hightail who knows a lot about pedigree cats and I'm flagging them in case they can help.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have never known a breeder who traded as a limited company - NEVER.  I do have a vague memory of somebody doing so some years ago as it created quite a stir and much (less than positive) discussion in the breeding world. 

I do have quite a knowledge of breeding pedigree cats but in this case I'm not your expert.  You need to deal with this as you would any other business who has taken your money and not provided the goods.

I have looked at their website and would give the usual cautions - becoming a 'cattery of excellence' or gaining any similar accolade is usually just a matter of paying a fee or agreeing to certain minimum standards. Take heed of the advice from DX100UK and proceed without delay.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

• dx100uk changed the title to www.RUDYCATS.CO.UK - Rudycats maine coons - paid deposit for breeding Age Cat - not got it! - Want deposit back - court time?

Probably not sadly.  They do sometimes get involved if there are cats or kittens changed hands and their rules broken but that's not the case here. There has only been a transfer of money.  I don't even know if the promised cat would be GCCF registered, there's nothing to say so.  The multiple 'memberships' they advertise mean they are not held to the rules of any particular registry.  They can move between them all as suits.

Edited by hightail

you sure you are spelling that right. - Rudycatsmaincoone not Rudycatsmainecoon 

you would take to court the exact name on your bank statement you did the BACS transfer too.

you might also need to add the EXACT ltd company name and jessica beckwith as an individual.

what if any paperwork do you have? you must have something like a receipt or an invoice stating who you paid on it and what you paid for and when.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no the e was in the wrong place look carefully

have the emails PDF attachments of invoice and your receipt of payment of the deposit.?

email alone is poor proof of anything as they can be changed/hacked with but better than nothing

dx

and they