TALK TALK advertises to everyboy that I have not paid my bill!

Joa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yep. I'd skip the ombudsmen for the reasons pointed out by other posters and go straight for the jugular - take them to court. There are only two thinga that make big companies do the right thing - court action and bad publicity on a big scale, both of which affect their wallets.

I hope you have enough money to take them to court. It could be very costly. Otelo worked for me. If enough people go Ofcom they will have to do something about TalkTalk. They have the power to fine them very large amounts. A letter campaign to them might help. The pronlem is that Ofcom will do nothing unless you have been through every other channel, I know, I've been there.

Most people will give up once they have their MAC as Ofcom are a pain to deal with, and once you have your MAC what more do you want? Me, I would like to see TalkTalk fined so heavily that they close down. It's a shame but that's not going to happen.

So you just have to keep sending letters to Ofcom and the papers, your MP, Trading Standards and so on. You never know one day someone might just open them and read them.

Dear Luddite, TalkTalk were never able to give me BB even though I gave them the MAC code twice and agreed to close the account and revert me back to BT if they failed to give me BB after I gave the MAC second time. If they had gracefully closed the account I was prepared to condone all the trouble they gave me. When I rang BT they wanted to take revenge and required a hefty reconnection charge. Therefore, i went to Cable and changed my Telephone number after nearly 30 years; just think of the hassle and inconvenience! I am an old man almost on borrowed time and have no time to get political reform by appealing to Ofcom and Otello. That's why I started the court action. This is the first time this sort of thing has happened to me, I am only slightly infirm and slightly breathless, so I am going to fight till the end. So far it hasn't cost me much money (initially £30 or so). Cheers

maunj

This is the first time this sort of thing has happened to me, I am only slightly infirm and slightly breathless, so I am going to fight till the end. So far it hasn't cost me much money (initially £30 or so). Cheers

Hi Kamadhenu

I think that you will have the support of 99% of the subscribers of CSA Group in your fight against CPW Talk Talk.

I wish you good luck and please keep us informed of how you progress. I am sure that should you need any advice there will always be someone on here to help you.

Just don't let the buggers get you down.

Again good luck.

Thank you Cattolica for your support. The BBC Money Programme on 26-10-2007 was all about 'The Great Phone Swindle' i have recorded it on DVD and will be happy to send a copy to anyone wishing to get one.

maunj

Like you, and many others, I watched the prog with great interest. But all it told us is how we are getting well and truly screwed, not that we didn't know that. There was no mention of anything that was to be done, so it seems we are still on our own. As I have found out to my cost, the people that are suppose to be there to protect us, just don't care. So we fight on.

Just a thought have you contacted Trading Standards or Citizens Advice for assistance, or even talking to your local newspaper?

Cattolica, you're so right! They were so complacent and still wanted to wait with a voluntary code even though literally thousands upon thousands were being intimidated and fleeced by these companies who have contributed not one iota to the telecoms infrastructure of this country. They should not have been given the right to impose any longterm contracts at all or charge spurious admin and line rental/service charges. For getting the extraordinary privilege of poaching BT customers by false assurances they should have been required in law to reward and not punish their customers. Most people are more vulnerable than I and merely pay up due to intimidation. Initially I also felt intimidated and not being a litigeous person would not have sued them if they had gracefully closed my account as was agreed on the phone. Anyway thanks for everybody for the moral support I'm getting;m it makes it quite a bit less stressful.

maunj

Dear Joa, just a few hundred pounds is just another little overhead for them (I saw Storyville programme by the prestigious BBC 4 that some hawkers on the Bombay Railway were fined regularly by the RPF and some of them had several scores of convictions and regarded it as just another overhead!

maunj