Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

While a few Tories seem to be recognising that Brexit hasn't done what we were promised, there's a section of the party or people just leaving it that still thinks every that's going wrong is the EU's fault. Even though we've left.

The thinking is that EU/Remainers are still in charge. So the story goes that Hunt was in Belgium when Truss contacted him, not on holiday as stated, but seeing the EU. And he's their puppet.

• Sad 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Questions are being asked about what job Truss's husband does because there are discrepancies in public records and the information declared.

WWW.OPENDEMOCRACY.NET

As the PM fights to remain in power, deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner demands she come clean over her interests

:)

That's why people are up in arms about it, UB.

55 Tufton Street organisations need to be subject to many investigations.  Who funds these?

The same people have also been saying that the group of think tanks' funding is very opaque and they aren't forthcoming when asked. There are some theories about American billionaires being involved.

So far, the IEA and Taxpayers Alliance aren't commenting on how their pet policies crashed the pound and the markets. Have you seen how many spads Truss has on the government payroll from various groups?

ETA:

BYLINETIMES.COM

A special investigation by Nafeez Ahmed exposes the transatlantic connections between an extremist US...

• I agree 1

I imagine because she was seen as a terrible speaker and a political liability by No10? Cummings said she's a human hand grenade.

Her advisers then and now seem rather immature, I have to say. Look at this about one of the current team, suspected negative briefings against previous ministers.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Mr Stein was a key aide during Ms Truss's leadership campaign and had been serving as the acting head of political communications in Number 10.

Is that the £115k allowance for office and staff expenses due to being an ex-PM? That isn't paid in advance and anything claimed has to be justified.

She also gets a pension which seems to be based on half her earnings at the time she leaves office, AIUI.

Keir Starmer doesn't think she should claim allowances like that for such a short time in the job and I agree with him.

Edited by honeybee13
Amount added.
  • I agree 1