jaxads v Halifax!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck Reeta

I've just spoken to the guy at the Halifax. The letter they sent me still stands!! He said that letters that have already been issued offering a refund still stand, but if no refund is offered they won't budge. All is on hold until after the OFT case.

If that is the case, then shouldn't the banks suspend all charges in that time too -- or at least reduce them to say £5 for this time. How can we bring that about.

As Kev the teenager would say ........."its sooo unfair"!!!!!

Will have to proceed to MCOL now, but having just come back from hols, will have to wait until payday before i can do it!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

thanks for that. I had a refund offer in february for partial which I rejected but I am wondering if to accept that now even though I have done the MCOL bit which they said they are defending as they did not reply initially so I entered a default but MCOL system was down that weekend so the paper records crossed over I think in the post. My case was this stage and then they announced the Test Case. I may just wait and see what Halifax are doing and stating in thier defence. I am moving house and could do with this money. I think I may just send a follow-up letter with a schedule again and see if this puts pressure on them to cough up...I managed to get £141 out of Abbey for my son (he is only 18 years old) and that was a lot of letters but did not reach the schedue as in the end they refunded as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Just calculated that Natwest owe hubby £965 in charges as that took its time with them sending the statements.

Good Luck

Reeta

If you are going through mcol, they will send you an allocation questionaire, which you complete (see templates). Don't worry about court bundles until this step is completed.

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:) Hi All,

Son just rang me a work to let me know that he had to sign a recorded delivery letter from the Halifax (he's only 11) and was worried it was important. Anyway its not good news. They basically told me that they are going to request a Stay at the court for my MCOL claim as OFT has informed them they can do this in light of the TEst Case (not sure if thats true ) and referred me back to their measly offer of £695 as a final settlement (they actually owed me £3744 without the interest as I had some charges over silly things like not clearing a cheque as I was £1 pound short but then charging me £39 for this). Life's hard enough as a single parent without them acting all high & mighty especially as my wages on into thier bank each month !

THe money would be really useful due to house move. But not heard anything from the court. Any ideas' what I should do? :rolleyes: Have you heard anything about your cases?

thanks

Reeta

If you have already filed mcol, then please read very carefully the advice that is here.

Follow it exactly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 6 months later...

Just bringing this thread up to date !!

I didn't do anything back in August last year re the charges. Halifax wrote to say they wouldn't refund so my next stage would have been to file at court.

Can I do that now?

Or do I need to start the whole process again from scratch?

Any advice greatly appreciated - as always :)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Thanks Tilly - I've not actually got as far as filing an N1 yet, so may be yelling for help again soon!!

Jaxads x

jaxads