Mr_Fen Vs HSBC

Mr_Fen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have perused this forum for a few months checking out the success stories and seeing everyone get nervous but eventually succeed against the evil multinational institutions. I have seen a few newspaper and magazine arcticles and watched the money Programme 'exclusive' that directly referenced this site, and misquoted it too.:D

I opened my student account when I started uni, HSBC was ecstatic :roll: when I had a fat £1500 overdraft.

When I graduated they offered me a graduate loan to get 'bits and pieces' I have cleared my overdraft twice using the lower rate loan only to be talked out :p of having it removed as its 'interest free' period was for a couple more months.

Its now been 2 years and the fee's and 'service charges' have just been racking up from £25-£75 each month:shock: .

I have sent off my first letter claiming back just over £1000, its a startling figure for just 6 years of banking.

I'm going for the full amount, the banks don't pull their punches, I don't see why we should either!:evil:

• 1 month later...

I have sent my first letter on the 13th of December recorded delivery.

I got a lovely letter back with a 'terms and conditions' leaflet in it, Thanking me for my letter and stating they will investigate and might respond in 8 weeks.

28th of December I sent my 2nd letter, the 'Letter before Action' giving them a further 14 days to repay my fees. This means HSBC has until the 16/01/07 to repay my unlawful charges.

Both letters have contained a full break down with date, amount and statement description.

On the 13/01/07 I recieved a nice letter from Colin Langdale asking for a full breakdown of the charges in the format of date, amount and statement description so the HSBC can clearly locate the relevant charges. He requested I include any charges I may have recieved prenotification of also, indicating he has inspected my account and is aware of the 'Total Charge' of £75 the bank added on the 25/12/06 and £111 for the 25/01/07.

To file against HSBC in court is going to be £120 in court costs so I am going to give them until the end of the month (when I get paid) to resolve this nicely.

• 1 month later...

hi lateralus, the price list from the court was:

Starting your claim

To issue a claim form where your claim is for money only and the amount is:

up to £300 £30

£300.01 - £500 £50

£500.01 - £1,000 £80

£1,000.01 - £5,000 £120

as my value is now closer to £1500 it falls into the £120 bracket. I have added it to my claim amount and i am positive i will be getting it back regardless, thanks for your concern ;)

One question i have is the HSBC has charged me another £50 overdraft fee due to be unlawfully claimed on the 26/2/07 I don't think i can add it to this can I, so do i send them a nice letter asking for it to be cancelled or send a letter to D&G?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Netty,

would a nice letter be best sent to the branch or back to the 'public relations' team? would it be worth sending it to the solicitors?

I am a bit wary on the time scale as they haven't entered a defence and ?(i think) i win by default if nothing is submitted by the 28/2/07 (ie tomorrow)

They have now put a charge on my joint account so I will be unlawfully charged £94 by the end of March.

keep the claim a separate issue from the charge you are asking for - stick to your timescales etc with it. i suggest you could write to either your branch or customer relations - why not both. also, try sending an e-message through online banking as this goes directly to a lady called Heidi Daniels who is with the customer relations team.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!