• Tweets

• Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
    • means nothing. just trying to kid people its going up some kind of chain. get reading a good few threads here each day. dx  
    • also do an OC2 https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/256744-welcome-secured-loan-sold-to-coast/?do=findComment&comment=4917128  
    • ok  from the infamous cruzhughes mammoth welcome thread i remembered. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/394686-welcome-secured-loanscharge-sold-to-alphaprime-repo-received-claim-dismissed/?do=findComment&comment=5009109 prime credit 5 was a luvy co. along with alpha credit 5 their uk portal was thru prime credit,  loans were administered on their behalf by Acenden, Acenden are Part of the Kensington Group. ultimately these were mostly all sold to Coast  Prime_28th_Aug.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Directions Hearing Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going to use the template CMI from Haydn (thanks for posting it, J.Barton1!) and hand it in to the courts. Have also obtained a fax number for YB - 0141 242 4723, so they can look forward to receiving their copy too.

You're welcome...we all found it hard...

Might see you all on wednesday...bring it on!!!!!

jenny

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've done a quick letter, just incase i receive the check...does it look okay?

Jenny

Jenny Barton Vs Barclays Bank

Case Number 6LS40692

F.A.O The Court Manager

I would like to confirm to you that Barclays have settled out of court for the full amount of my claim.

I would like to ask for a continuance of 2 weeks for the funds to clear in my account.

If this is possible I will contact the court again at the earliest opportunity to continue or end my claim.

I would like to add that Barclays have had every opportunity to end this claim and have waited till the last possible minute, wasting the courts valuable time, on one of many cases that are been settled.

Many thanks.

Jenny Barton

Copy of my withdraw letter to court:

High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division,

Her Majesty’s Courts Service,

Leeds Combined Courts Centre,

The Court House,

1 Oxford Row,

Leeds LS1 3BG

Monday, 05 February 2007

Dear Sir or madam,

1. xxxxxx – v- Barclays Bank plc

Claim No.: 7LS40073

Please note that the defendant has finally paid in full, sums due and claimed.

I therefore respectfully request that the case be withdrawn and discontinued.

It is unfortunate that the banking organisations continue to abuse the legal process and court system in this way, delaying, procrastinating and in some cases using threatening or intimidatory methods, knowing full well that they will never defend a case in court.

11 months on from my initial claim to Barclays, I do hope that the banks can put into court at some point in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Doubt it will make any difference but I always like the last word.... :)

just writing my rejection letter for Barclays, will post with CMS and arrive at the same time as I do in court. Can I copy the judge in on it.

will include something about Barclay's failing to put right actions susequent to this action being commenced and the campaign of intimidation including the closure of the account and sale of the debt in dispute to a third party.

All done I think

Just to confirm Barclays paid the monies into my Barclays acc yesterday. will be dropping a letter into the court later today to withdraw my claim. Shame as was getting familiar with the place :) Good luck everybody who has to appear in court tomorrow although I have the feeling ALL will be sorted before then.

Barclays Bank - Preliminary Approach for payment 03/11/2006

SETTLED IN FULL 05/02/2007 £1722

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/46690-junklunacy-barclays.html

I dont think it will all be sorted - isnt this thing tomorrow just to decide what happens next? The banks dont have to be there do they? So there is nothing to stop them dragging this out even further is there and waiting till the next step - or am I missing something?

My relative has received a cheque in full payment this a.m. (a biggy) so that's another one off the list (can't say any more). So we won't be at the hearing. I will be interested to see the feedback from those who go to the hearing.

Good luck everybody.

The fax number to notify the Court of any settlements is:

0113 3062392

Address: Chancery Division, Mercantile Court

Heading: Urgent - Bank Charges - 7 February Directions Hearing

Dixie,

It will get difficult for the banks if they let it go any further. The Judge could place an order on them tomorrow to disclose information /documents which would not be to their liking. Also your costs could start mounting. Some claimants might also consider taking a solicitor on board if it goes any further - more costs. There is also the possibility of Group litigation or the bank being singled out as a test case.

Something else that we should not forget is that the Office of Fair Trading is due to report in March I believe on their investigation into bank charges . If their report is damming as was the case with credit card charges, I do not think the banks will have 'a leg to stand on'.

Had a phone call from Mr Thomas, Lloyds have settled full claim + 8% stat interest, no-one said anything about confidentiality so I'll tell the world, overjoyed!!!! He also said they had retained a barrister to represent them who would be attending court tomorrow because "there are other cases".

Thank you Jenny have stolen your letter to court seeking delay for 1 week for funds to clear which I'm off to drop in now.

Good luck to all remaining on the list - I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow.

Koko

Received my cheque this morning - First Direct suddenly got their act together when they had less than a week to go. It's taken 6 days for 2 letters and a cheque to come from them to get this settled. Took them 3 months for 2 letters before this!

So, I have from them...

*refund of all original charges

*refund of contractual interest (at authorised rate)

*8% stat interest

*£80 court fees

*over £50 in my own costs which I added onto the claim when they really started messing me around.

Something tells me HSBC/First Direct REALLY don't want to go to court!

Good Luck to anyone who is left going to court tomorrow.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

Well would you Adam and Eve it...

The Postman delivered a crisp cheque from Yorkshire Bank for the full amount of my claim this morning.

Not before blooming time.

I'll be discontinuing my claim so I won't be going to court after all. A pity because I was actually starting to look forward to it.

Good luck to everyone who'll be there, I'll follow the thread with interest.

Will be donating 5% to CAG.

Cheers,

Bletchley.

I would believe it Bletchley but I am bitterly disappointed that Yorkshire Bank will not be going to court as far as I can determine.

Congratulations to you though.

Hold on though - Zebbydogs claim isn't sorted yet.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Cheque arrived this morning:grin: I have just spoken to court to say we wont be attending.When I mentioned about waiting for the cheque to clear the lady said. That the judge would be selecting sample cases tomorrow and making directions and the rest would be stayed.She then said she would pull our file to make sure it was one of the cases stayed and to write to the court with the discontinuance notice when the cheque has cleared.

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

My girlfriend has just collected a recorded delivery package from the post office. They are settling in full for £6400. I'll have to double check this - my figures had it at £7k but they are claiming some of it goes beyond 6 years. I'll have to double check this as I think they were just inside 6 years. From what date does the 6 years start? From the MCO being deemed to be served? Anyway, seems the banks can move quickl;y when they want - this only got moved to the mercantile on saturday! Good luck to anyone else either wanting to go to court or wanting to get a cheque.

Hi All, I'll be there as i havent received the chq. Lombardi gave me the track and trace for the wrong letter!!!! He said he's got a legally binding doc that says its settled but i added that it was subject to receiving funds. Am i Peeved....who else will be there?

Jenny

I believe that the courts are trying to throw cases at this to get some through to the next stage, if this is the case the judge may bundle the whole lot and keep adding cases as quickly as they are settled to keep the greater case in court to the end. Hence the 3 days notice of hearing some people had.

See you all tommorrow

All done I think

I will be there, AL has said they will credit my account with the charges, court fee and £100 for something else.

He said that they will be represented tomorrow by a solicitor (can not remember which company) so we can argue out the interest. I am claiming contractual.

Funny thing is it took him since friday to credit my account with the monument win (which was contractual), but says he will credit my account on the same day (today) with my second claim without interest. Should be interesting tomorrow.