Help - Mcol

jessica0704
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to file my claim online, but have read the bits on interest and still cannot get my head around it, do I add the 8% interest at this stage?

Is it 8% ontop of each £30.00 they took from going back to the year 2000?

I am really stuck any help would be most appreciated

Many thanks

Jess.

Hi Jessica,

Please read through the FAQ's but yes you do add the 8% interest at the MCOL stage. You claim for interest on each charge that was over your agreed OD limit or would have caused you to go over you limit, so basically if you deducted all the charges from your statements as they were applied my guess is that you would be still within your OD limit (well . . you could argue that)

Have you used the spreadsheet in the library to calculate your charges total, if you do it will work out the interest for you.

have a look at http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-bank-charges-calc.xls

• Haha 1

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Good luck Jess!! (Steve :p )

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Hi Jess, meet my online wife 'Clare' LOL :p

(she's gorgeous and helpful too)

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Ummm... thanks for the introduction Steve..... go easy on those posts!! ;)

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Thanks so much for your help I am going to file my online claim tomorrow....really nervous and stilla bit unsure about the interest thing but with the spread sheet you sent me I should be ok, i did fill out the one in the libary but not sure if i did it right, oh well will try again, thanks again.

Jess:)

P.s: how long will i have to wait after then?

ok, once you submit, tere is a 5 calendar day delay to be 'deemed as served' by the court - the defendant then has 28 calander days to deal with

Hi Jessica,

I know, thats understandable, we have all been there, done that, only last week I was cakking myself, so you are NOT alone.

And today I get a nice letter from those folk at DG solictors with a full refund !!!! YIPPEEEE

So . . hang in there, you will get there eventually, and then you'll be one of us helping those yet to suceed !!!

Oh wow thats great I am really pleased for you, its so nice to hear about people getting there money back it is so good. I will hang in there I filed me claim today so now just wait....

Many thanks again

Jessica.

Welcome to CAG Jessica and good luck with your claim. Shout if you need any help

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Your more than welcome Jessica, I was as much in doubt as any, and now I'm eating large helpings of humble pie, which as I can now afford Brandy laced gravy, tastes very nice LOL